215/35/18 need tyres asap

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

fearless

Re: 215/35/18 need tyres asap

Post by fearless »

do a google search matey wheel suppliers often sell the studs :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1084 ... _info.html
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 03ffe94538
a few for you :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nofearmadbiker wrote:do a google search matey wheel suppliers often sell the studs :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p1084 ... _info.html
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 03ffe94538
a few for you :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

ta mate, you know if halfrauds do them?? i need them tomorrow!!!
fearless

Post by fearless »

no matey thay dont you can get 6mm spacers their though which seems silly :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nofearmadbiker wrote:no matey thay dont you can get 6mm spacers their though which seems silly :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

haha, i know, they sell them individually as well which i think is quite silly!!

you got anything that will make my wheel stick out 6mm more than the others??? why yes sir, i've got just the thing!!! morons in that place i swear!!!
fearless

Post by fearless »

i dont go to the spotty teens theirs an american guy at the one near me he is very good knows where everthing is and knows what your talking about when trying to explain, good luck with the studs hope to see your car all sorted soon matey :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nofearmadbiker wrote:i dont go to the spotty teens theirs an american guy at the one near me he is very good knows where everthing is and knows what your talking about when trying to explain, good luck with the studs hope to see your car all sorted soon matey :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

cheers, areyou not putting on 18s as well??? if the offset was right i wouldn't have needed to do any mods at all to get the wheels on.
pleeeenty room!!
fearless

Post by fearless »

no matey im going for 17" was going down the 18" route but decided on saving some money for my autopista spoiler that i want, im going for these rims i love the wide dish should look good :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0120170616

should look nice on my baby what do you think :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nofearmadbiker wrote:no matey im going for 17" was going down the 18" route but decided on saving some money for my autopista spoiler that i want, im going for these rims i love the wide dish should look good :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0120170616

should look nice on my baby what do you think :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x222 ... 101476.jpg

yeah man very nice!!!!

you will need to get it lowered though, actually so will i, there still quite a big gap.
fearless

Post by fearless »

oh yes i will be lowering it but i have a bit of a curb outside my house to contend with, might have to save up for a drop curb see how it goes :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

So did you use the washer trick to find out what spacers you req,also hubcentric 15mm spacers already include the studs i believe.

*edit*

Done some digging and seems that up to 20mm and you just get a spacer and need studs,after 20mm they are already in the spacer.
fearless

Post by fearless »

dont know if somebody can clear this up but do hubcentric spacers fit onto existing studs buy nuts, then the wheel fits onto the studs on spacers im a bit confused how these work many thanks :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nofearmadbiker wrote:dont know if somebody can clear this up but do hubcentric spacers fit onto existing studs buy nuts, then the wheel fits onto the studs on spacers im a bit confused how these work many thanks :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

yeah that's exactly how they work.

i have nuts and studs coming on monday hopefully so will get the wheels on at last!!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:So did you use the washer trick to find out what spacers you req,also hubcentric 15mm spacers already include the studs i believe.

*edit*

Done some digging and seems that up to 20mm and you just get a spacer and need studs,after 20mm they are already in the spacer.

na i just bought some spacers, got nuts and studs coming next week, i can't believe what a pain in the ass this has turned into!!!
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

sheppy wrote:

na i just bought some spacers, got nuts and studs coming next week, i can't believe what a pain in the ass this has turned into!!!

Hope that doesn't turn into a costly mistake bud.would reckon you need 15mm if your offset is et50.

what did youy order??
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nuttasie wrote:
sheppy wrote:

Hope that doesn't turn into a costly mistake bud.would reckon you need 15mm if your offset is et50.

what did youy order??

the nuts and studs came to 30 quid, the spacers are 15mm, will deffo have enough room one they are on.

got the back wheels on, they look good, totally fill the arches!!
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

sheppy wrote:got the back wheels on, they look good, totally fill the arches!!

We want photos!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Peter C wrote:
sheppy wrote:got the back wheels on, they look good, totally fill the arches!!

We want photos!

yeah soon as i get all 4 wheels on, i'll take some when i'm at the garage!!

the 18's on the back do look good though!!!
fearless

Post by fearless »

suspense is killing me need to see these wheels on the car :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nofearmadbiker wrote:suspense is killing me need to see these wheels on the car :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

haha, well if my wheel studs and nuts arrive i'll be right down to my mates garage to get the wheels on!!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”