[Mk2] [Turbo] Please offer some carming advice!

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

addict2005

[Mk2] [Turbo] Please offer some carming advice!

Post by addict2005 »

1990 rev 1 turbo

I recently had a new alternator belt fitted to the cra which is slipping, the car has also been in the gargae for an MOT. the only reason i mention the Alternator belt and MOT is because i havent dricen it so dont know if there connected.

I started the car this morning and it sounded HORRIBLE likea deisiel very rattley, anyways after mere seconds it was very quite as f it was waiting for oil to circulate then it did and went.

Now when i drive i cant hear any noices usually change gear early as im in traffic and spend most of my time in 2000 - 2500 revs then up the gear.

Anyway my girlfriend drives differenylt and there is a rattling noices at aboiut 3000 revs very quite and you really have to listen to hear it, if i keep my foot on the accelerator at 3000 - 3500 revs and dip the clutch you can still hear it, its so quite it must be hidden by the turbo winding up, its not short on power and goes wellioth no smoke,

This is a real simple question as i cant check unitl later but could it just need some oil?

I did rev it a lunch in work and there heat shield is ratling i know its this because of the noise is not relevant to engine revolutions

Do you think it needs oil or should i be lokoing deeper into this?

Gav
splashnatz

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Please offer some carming advice!

Post by splashnatz »

is the oil level low on the dipstick ? that's the only way to see if it needs a topup. how long is it since you last checked oil level or changed the oil ?

get the heatshields tightened up, it's amazing the nightmare noises they can make.

after doing these see how it is and report back
Grajey

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Please offer some carming advice!

Post by Grajey »

Vauxhall Corsa - Don't buy one!

Return to “Mechanical”