2008 Restoration Show

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

vashy

Re: 2008 Restoration Show

Post by vashy »

monkeymax wrote:Typical, isn't it.
As soon as I can confirm I can come....

...Something happens and I can't come... :cry:

dammit Max, yeah we are going to miss your photos! and Jaspa's going to miss your brake expertise.
...and you even started this thread ):

I would bring my SLR but I think I'm going to be getting my hands dirty :twisted:
. . 6 . 7 . 8
5 . . . . i . . 9
vashy

Post by vashy »

Well that was a fun drive back!

First off though, thanks to everyone, it just started happening and everyone was helping out with different things all at once, there were different piles of bits of my car growing all around it. Proper team effort, especially the scaffold pole gearbox alignment! Hope someone has a picture of this, there were 2 guys each side of the engine bay bracing a scaffold pole with a rope and gearbox hanging off it, and at least 3 people underneath jiggling it into place.

Oh, although it did take 3 guys to remove a plug from a slightly high up socket! :oops:

New clutch, new flywheel, Jinxy's short shift kit fitted, brakes bled and reversing light changed!! Got it back on the ground and started it up just before the 5 minute warning! :clap:

So, I didn't stall it :mrgreen: feels really nice, the characterful responsive revvyness of the 4AGE is even more than normal, that's how I can best describe it. You can 'feel' it better, and it feels like it wants to be revved. The clutch had a little judder initially but a few 3000rpm starts and I think it's bedded in, it's nice now. Oh and I was changing gears just for the hell of it!\:D/

Top stuff!! :thumleft: Now just gotta get that manifold gasket sorted......
. . 6 . 7 . 8
5 . . . . i . . 9
The Silver Fox

Post by The Silver Fox »

Went to my first club event today - Stoneleigh. The first sight of the club stand was two guys, one each side of an MR2 with a pole over their shoulders and a sling from the pole around the engine :shock: Thought what would Elfin Safety make of this!

Everyone was very friendly and I would especially like to thank Jinxy, Oukie and Stuart for finding time to speak to me and make me feel welcome.

I bought myself a 2ft breaker bar at the show, so now there's no excuse for me not to get started on my Mk1 and get it back on the road for next year :)
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hi Douglas, its was great to finally meet you today, sorry for not spending longer with you but with so many things to do on Vashy's mk1 & people wanting to know about the club & talk to me it was near impossible to spend any length of time to actually look around & relax :mrgreen: , Now that youve seen what a mad bunch we are & know a few faces theres no excuse for you not to turn up at meets & book yourself a place on the team at next years resto show, dont worry if your not that tecnically minded, theres a few people who learnt something today from the work we did on Vashy's car so there really is no excuse :mrgreen: :thumleft: , see you soon mate & get cracking on that car !!, cheers, Jinxy
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Oh and :ttiwwp: :thumleft: :mrgreen: Jinxy
NDR008

Post by NDR008 »

Easy boy, pics will be on soon enough, was filling xxxx yday evening (prolly the damn meds i've been on), today I'm working 7.30 to 21.00. So will try sort it out then ;)
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Glad it all went well :thumleft:
Can't wait for the pics
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Thanks to everyone who came along and Jinxy, Debs and Cass for helping set upon Saturday. Was a good giggle as always. :thumleft:

Look forward to the pics (sort of 8-[ )
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

Pics !!! Apologies for file sizes.

Great fun, got loads done in next to no time. Will make garage bills even more unbearable. :(

Malcolm gets psyched up.

Getting ready.

Stereo farting?

:shock:

Three hours later Jinxy finally admmitted his left hand was stuck. :lol:

Who needs an engine hoist when you've got , er, mugs like us.

Starting to put it back together. About 5 mins before 'the mystery of the leftover extra bolt'. :D

Malcolm's crop top.

Caption competition anyone?

Karl_T
Last edited by Karl_T on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red ones go faster......
vix

Post by vix »

Good to see it went well!
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

Karl_T[/quote]

just the normal saturday night at the blue oyster club,waiting for the fivers to be wedged in his jeans :lol:
Zirax

Post by Zirax »

Great to see that it all went ok :) You can put me down for the next one, looks fun.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

So Jinxy, that's 2 weeks running with another one planned for a couple of weeks time. If you need another gearbox to play with this weekend to keep the streak going you're welcome to do one of ours!
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

redmk1 wrote:
just the normal saturday night at the blue oyster club,waiting for the fivers to be wedged in his jeans :lol:

And do you know how difficult it was to make him keep his Jeans on [-( [-X
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

Jaspa wrote:
redmk1 wrote:

And do you know how difficult it was to make him keep his Jeans on [-( [-X

i can imagine mate.......just ask Zoe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

You are gonna get such a slap Rich. Image

Unstickied.
NDR008

Post by NDR008 »

You're gona kill me when I post your video with the rachet \:D/
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

NDR008 wrote:You're gona kill me when I post your video with the rachet \:D/

:lol: I've had worse things posted up on this forum.
boyzdad

Post by boyzdad »

Just to say, as an "outsider" on the day, thanks a lot to Stuart, for helping steer me in the right direction to get the "correct" big end bearings for my car ;)

I am looking forward to the NEC, should be a giggle, if my car doesn't mis-behave before then ;) (fingers crossed).

And as far as the mystery bolt goes, like I said at the time, you only need to worry if you have too few, not too many ;)
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

Limeymk1 wrote:You are gonna get such a slap Rich. Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://star.walagata.com/w/limeymk1/Gifs/nutkick.gif

Unstickied.

haha why? :lol:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”