[Mk2] [Turbo] My advans are finally on! - pics.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

[Mk2] [Turbo] My advans are finally on! - pics.

Post by craig »

Right, I have managed to squeeze the 235/40/17 tyres onto my 9x17 Advans, and the front 7x16's all ready had 205/45/16's fitted in good nick also got some locking nuts and tuner nuts, painted my calipers with hammerite black and went for a countryside photo shoot :)

The wolfrace back wheels have gone in the skip and the fronts shall soon follow :thumleft:

Pics from today:

Pretty happy with the new look, what ya reckon? :thumleft:
stu b 1 tubby

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] My advans are finally on! - pics.

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

That looks proper cool mate 8)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Looks good mate - all you need to do now is put the proper lights back on :oldtongue:
EarL

Post by EarL »

Very, very nice bud. Mucho mean and moody. Rev 1 lights look super cool too mate. :twisted:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
craig

Post by craig »

Thanks for the replies so far guys, much appreciated! I can't believe the difference a set of wheels has made! I'm in the minority I know but I prefer rev 1/2 lights over the rev 3's

I reckon they work well with the rev 3 spoiler and make the car look lower and wider, especially now with those 9x17" rears on :twisted:

Cheers!

Craig
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Whoa yeah! outstandingly BAD :clap:
Last edited by Razor04 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

Cheers fella, looks better in the flesh although the pics look sweet 8)

I thought the 235/40 tyres on the rear would be more stretched but they look alright. I can see the edge my rear tyres out of my wing mirror when driving :mrgreen:

ET38 + 9" wide = badass :lol: :lol: :twisted:
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Looking good .. Nice Jap Dom wheels there sir..

Looks like there are two of us going to Rev2 back lights & panel.. 8)
At one time I was looking to make my car look more 'modern'.. Now, when it's hammering most cars on the road, I'm quite proud of it's 'age' :lol:

I've lost count of the wheels/lights/exhaust/spoiler packages/mixtures I've had - Thank God I kept all the originals.. \:D/
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

RedMR² wrote:Cheers fella, looks better in the flesh although the pics look sweet 8)

I thought the 235/40 tyres on the rear would be more stretched but they look alright. I can see the edge my rear tyres out of my wing mirror when driving :mrgreen:

ET38 + 9" wide = badass :lol: :lol: :twisted:

I noticed i was gonna ask if you'd fitted spacers on there? lol
mean lookin car :twisted: rev2 lights? could be a new retro trend!
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

much better mate, the only issue i have with black wheels is that in darkness they just look like standard steel wheels :( , and as we spend mucho time in darkness :-k

think the problem could be solved with a nice coat of black chrome...

in the light they look well sweet, great choice :clap: :clap:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

lookin good craigy, i'm starting to feel this classic JDM look with advans :thumleft:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Turbo_chris

Post by Turbo_chris »

sweet look,thinking about some of these myself,good work :thumleft:
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

looking really well mate,must admit those advans are one of the all time greats,where wheels are concerned,as for the rev2 lights i'm glad i'm not the only one who prefers them :clap: .it really does my head in when peeps,tell me i need a rev3 light perversion [-X .carry on the good work mate.paul.
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

looking really well mate,must admit those advans are one of the all time greats,where wheels are concerned,as for the rev2 lights i'm glad i'm not the only one who prefers them :clap: .it really does my head in when peeps,tell me i need a rev3 light perversion [-X .carry on the good work mate.paul.
craig

Post by craig »

cheers fellas, I really like them all black, but then again i've always loved gloss black wheels. I wasn't aware of the amount of people that preferred the rev 2 lights over rev 3's lol - I may have set off a chain reaction of rev 3 to rev 2 conversions :lol: :lol:

:thumleft:

Thanks again for the comments :salut:
fearless

Post by fearless »

a few people already doing the light conversions on here, i like the black wheels but love them when the rim is polished just takes the black away a bit just a little to much black but very nice i want these wheels :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
http://www.potn.co.uk/p1037807.htm
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

looking good craig, glad u got them fitted, must admit id love 2x 16" on the front instead of 17" 8j though so fill the arch just nice real drag look so big :thumleft: from me
craig

Post by craig »

nofearmadbiker wrote:a few people already doing the light conversions on here, i like the black wheels but love them when the rim is polished just takes the black away a bit just a little to much black but very nice i want these wheels :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
http://www.potn.co.uk/p1037807.htm

thanks mate, not really into the whole black with a polished lip thing meself, just like them all gloss black :thumleft: Thanks for the comments :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

robbrookes5 wrote:looking good craig, glad u got them fitted, must admit id love 2x 16" on the front instead of 17" 8j though so fill the arch just nice real drag look so big :thumleft: from me

aye Rob mate, it's been a while since I sprayed them to having them fitted. Thanks for putting me in contact with driftworks for the wheel nuts :thumleft:

I must admit, I do like the stance of the car with the 16's on the front with the 45 profile tyres. Like you say, it fills the arch a treat :)

cheers :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”