[Mk2] [Generic] Lights in border bumper

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RyanRs

[Mk2] [Generic] Lights in border bumper

Post by RyanRs »

I have got a spanking new genuine border bumper to replace my veilside one. I need some indicator lights and side strips tho to fit this bumper.

Does this bumper use the OEM indicator lights ? if so, would a set such as the crystal ones on rogue's website fit perfectly?

Obv having a veilside bumper before, it doesn't use the oem indicators etc and the bumper was on the car when i got it.

Also, what do i do for fogs/driving spot lights?

Does anyone have a pair of side strips i could buy of them?

Btw, for anyone who doubted the quality of genuine border products...check the fit quality of this! -straight out of the packaging, no altering to anything what so ever -just stuck it straight on the car!..20min job :D

Thanks
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Lights in border bumper

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

Hi mate,

I recently got a Border bumper and i also have the Crystal indicators which fit straight in but need to be bonded or screwed to the lip that is moulded to the bumper just incase it pops out which happened to me.As for the foglights i just got mine taken out and mesh put over where they would come through on the bumper and i think it looks better! :thumleft:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Hi Ryan,

Glad to see you got your border eventually :) I am still fitting the lights to mine in between a million and one other jobs and have had to cut the holes out for all the lights and sidestrips etc. I've had to buy new strips to go between toblerones and reflectors as my border bumper had that section smoothed. This also means making all the mount holes etc for them too ](*,) Sidestrips from Mr T are not expensive and come colour coded. Either OEM lenses or Rogue crystal lenses will just pop straight in.

Foglights don't fit as standard, you can make up a bracket to space them out a bit which is what I'm doing.

That fitment does look ace :)

Hope that helps!!

J
Sol

Post by Sol »

Love that bumper ( same as mine :thumleft: :thumleft: ) but were are you going to put the number plate? Mine failed for it wasnt on the bumper correctly.......

Would love to see were most people put theirs :thumleft:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

theres 4 holes in the mouth of the bumper to mount brackets for a numberplate. thats probally where ill put mine.

tis where the veilside one was so should be ok.

Toxo - thanx mate! felt sick handing over the dosh for the kit, but now i fitted that bumper and see how good it is, im not bothered anymore! lol

Think ill get a set of rogue's crystal lenses.. wonder if they come with bulbs?

Think ill miss out the fogs for now. dont intend to use the car on any day other than when the sun is out anyway 8)

BiGWiLlYsTyLe - Dont these lenses screw in then?
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

photo of mine,not happy with the size of the no plate,smaller one is on the jobs to do list :roll: .paul.
TUBBY-DEUCE

Post by TUBBY-DEUCE »

ryan, where did you buy your bumper from in the end? ive been following your hunt, its something im looking at getting in the futer and that fit looks very good :thumleft:

sorry just re read it, GENUIN BORDER! enough said =P~
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I'm guessing from takakaira.co.jp...
EarL

Post by EarL »

RyanRs wrote:Btw, for anyone who doubted the quality of genuine border products...check the fit quality of this! -straight out of the packaging, no altering to anything what so ever -just stuck it straight on the car!..20min job :D

I've said it before Ryan. Border products fit perfectly.

Looks the biz mate. :thumleft:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Yep buddy, genuine this one is im afraid! Im not sure if its from takakaira.co.jp tbh, have to ask Andy-runner as he is the original owner.

Paul, that bumper looks good, is it genuine or a copy? I think for my number plate, i mite get some mesh, cut out some stencil letters of my reg, then spray the mesh.. see how it comes out. Obv its not going to be legal, but ill take my chances. Also by doing this, means i wont be blocking any airflow to the rad! :D

Return to “Modifications”