400 bhp

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

greeny

Re: boost

Post by greeny »

turbo wrote:hi there as i said lyndon from rogue motorsport set it up and its running 1.97 bar on top setting.ive got 4 setting and running 1 bar on the lowest one and yea its great fun to drive.the guys from rogue are well happy with them figures as well from that turbo

normal road fuel aswell 99ron?

What dyno was this on?

That kinda power/spool would be awesome for track work aswell i would guess :thumleft:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
turbo

boost

Post by turbo »

yea thats on shell v power thats all i run, am hoping to have it set up for c16 very soon aswell, the dyno is the same one that nathan freke goes to which is race shack.i have been told that my set up should be good for the track but aint tested it out yet but i would luv to see how see goes :D
tubby_mr2

Re: 400 bhp

Post by tubby_mr2 »

would u guys running big bhp say it worth going so far power wise or what would u say is a good figure to stay at. as its not a everyday car but i still want it to be reliable and a nice drive?
EarL

Post by EarL »

Ian, it's the same deal no matter what car you modify. The more you modify it, the more day to day reliability is lost.

If you set yourself a goal (say around 350whp - and believe me, that's enough for any road car), you have a good chance of keeping a fair deal of reliability and drivability. My old car made heaps of power, but used on a day to day basis, it was a pig to drive.

My advice would be do a lot of research, set yourself a realistic goal - both for relability and drivability, within your budget, and go for it.

Have fun buddy, :thumleft:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

cheers mate :thumleft:
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

If you want to keep yourself `interested`combine a t88 in your build,that will the attention span up allright.lol.
513BHP at the hubs
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

mattcambs wrote:Decat
Up-rated intercooler or charge cooler
forged pistons (some would argue forged conrods too)
uprated fuel pump
870cc injectors
bigger turbo (GT28 and up)
Stand alone ECU

400bhp is easily achieved, but for the same cost you could opt for bigger injectors and turbo and get 450bhp + :D

Gonna cost at least £5k I reckon.

When you say stand alone ECU, do you mean something like the Link G4 or would a Greddy eManage be sufficient? Am I right in thinking that the Greddy uses the exisiting wiring and sensors, whilst the Link requires a nerw loom and sensors?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”