[Mk2] [Turbo] Power FC Comander - Acceptable Knock level?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Evo-Mr2

[Mk2] [Turbo] Power FC Comander - Acceptable Knock level?

Post by Evo-Mr2 »

I have a PFC with comander and I don't really look at it much but the other day I noticed I was getting a peak knock level of around 35?

I know that knock is bad but is there an acceptable level of knock or should I be getting my car re-mapped? :-k

The car runs about 1.25bar on low boost and 1.4bar on high. It also has supporting mods to run this such as GT2860rs, water injection, greddy intercooler, fuel pump, 870cc injectors etc etc.
Ryan.g

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Power FC Comander - Acceptable Knock level?

Post by Ryan.g »

There isn't an acceptable level as such as every engine and sensor provides different levels. What i do on all my maps is set the level i hear knock as the level which lights up the CEL light.

But on a stock engines with a stock sensor though i normally see knock levels around 45-50 when i hear Knock through the Cans.

Doubt you need it remapped though chap. Speak to your mapper though if you worried.

Ryan
Evo-Mr2

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Power FC Comander - Acceptable Knock level?

Post by Evo-Mr2 »

Thanks matey, I have had it like this for ages and never questioned it.

The car was set up and mapped by Rogue/Lyndon (not sure if that's how you spell his name!), that's why I haven't really been worried as I figured that they know what they are doing.

Graham

Return to “Modifications”