Any Ideas What This Is?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SteveM

Any Ideas What This Is?

Post by SteveM »

When I was working in the engine bay the other day (towards the back around the exhaust manifold I think) this Black plastic bit dropped onto the floor and I've no idea where it came from! :? It's about 1.5" long with a cross stamped into the top and a rubber washer under the head part then about 3 rows of threads below that then the rest of the body is smooth. Any ideas what it is please? Ta :)

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... bit2-1.jpg

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... oddbit.jpg
crazybrightman

Re: Any Ideas What This Is?

Post by crazybrightman »

its a battery plug. god knows how it got there unless theres one missing out the top of your battery? be careful with it, it may still have acid on it.
4agte on the way
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

crazybrightman wrote:its a battery plug. god knows how it got there unless theres one missing out the top of your battery? be careful with it, it may still have acid on it.

Well spotted! There's definitely not one missing from my battery so it must have been lying around somewhere from whenever the battery was last replaced. Cheers :)
jamiesi

Post by jamiesi »

how random it looks abit burnt :lol:
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

jamiesi wrote:how random it looks abit burnt :lol:

Yeh I think it dropped out from somewhere near the exhaust manifold / heatshield area so it will have been getting quite warm wherever it was lodged! :shock:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”