2008 MR2 Mk1 Club National AGM, 12th Oct

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

vix

Re: 2008 MR2 Mk1 Club National AGM, 12th Oct

Post by vix »

System-G wrote:For what it's worth (and it is about attendance), I was always thead to believe that the subs covered a "household"?

No, that's why Phil and I, and other couples, pay or paid a slightly higher membership fee for joint membership. One mag, so reduced costs but both are members and can have votes at AGM etc.
vix

Post by vix »

Double post!!!
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

1. Jinxy
2. Jinxy Guest (observer)
3. Michael
4. Joanne Sheavills
5. Max Starr
6. Wayne
7. Peter Hartley
8. Reema Tawfiq (observer)
9. Stuart Kynoch
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

1. Jinxy
3. Michael
4. Joanne Sheavills
5. Max Starr
6. Wayne
7. Peter Hartley ( edit by Jinx \:D/ \:D/ :thumleft: )
8. Reema Tawfiq (observer) ( not bringing knitting...apparently :mrgreen:
9. Stuart Kynoch
10. George & mrs ( observer ) ( New hants member )
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Jinxy,

Reema is taking orders for the AGM.

Anyone want a scarf or wooley hat ready for the winter :lol:

Top quality knitting lessons available too. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

P.S just for the record, I am not a trader and not trying to advertise on the forum. This post was intended for comdy value purposes only. Please do not actually send orders or any money for hats or scarves. 8)
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

t-bar89 wrote:

P.S just for the record, I am not a trader and not trying to advertise on the forum. This post was intended for comdy value purposes only. Please do not actually send orders or any money for hats or scarves. 8)

Classic !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :clap: , Jinx
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Member or not - everyone should be free to come to the AGM. Obviously members only can vote though!

The only criteria for attendance should be a passion for Mk1's and an ambition to drive the Mk1 club forward.

As the Mk1 Club, we should be making ourselves more accessible to people - not putting up barriers.
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

waynestoyotamr2 wrote:Member or not - everyone should be free to come to the AGM. Obviously members only can vote though!

The only criteria for attendance should be a passion for Mk1's and an ambition to drive the Mk1 club forward.

As the Mk1 Club, we should be making ourselves more accessible to people - not putting up barriers.

here here
System-G

Re: MR2 MK1 CLUB -AGM -12th OCTOBER 2008

Post by System-G »

Stumr2 wrote: As there was an Mr2 race day taking place on the 28th at Snetterton our AGM date was put back a week. I then received confirmation that there was a Japfest meeting on the 5th October where MR2 MK1 Club members would be visiting.

Stuart, all you had to do was look in the magazine or phone call to Jo (events organiser) would have confirmed that there was no official club presence at Japshow (Japfest is a completely different event held in the opposite corner of the country) due to very poor attendances nearly 3 years on the trot :thumleft:

To change the date without proper investigation and for the reasons was completely wrong.

More communication is required in the club. Let this be noted for discussion in our absence at the AGM too :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
System-G

Post by System-G »

waynestoyotamr2 wrote:Member or not - everyone should be free to come to the AGM. Obviously members only can vote though!

I dissagree and will side with Stuart here.

The AGM is for existing paid up members and their partners who take up an interest in the club and it's activities.

The shows, forums, site etc... are for everyone. The AGM is not one of these type of events.
System-G

Post by System-G »

Just to add in case it's been forgotten.

This AGM is completely and utterly useless if the Webmaster, treasurer and current events co-ordinater aren't there to defend themselves and put their ideas & sugestions forward to help move the club forward and upward quickly.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

System-G wrote:Just to add in case it's been forgotten.

This AGM is completely and utterly useless if the Webmaster, treasurer and current events co-ordinater aren't there to defend themselves and put their ideas & sugestions forward to help move the club forward and upward quickly.

That will not be changed now, and the people you have mentioned have other commitments on the new day it was changed to.
end of.
Hopefully there will be some progress made, despite all this hoo-ha
waynestoyotamr2

System-G wrote:

I dissagree and will side with Stuart here.

The AGM is for existing paid up members and their partners who take up an interest in the club and it's activities.

The shows, forums, site etc... are for everyone. The AGM is not one of these type of events.

Respect your opinion Garrick - but am not sure we are in the lucky position where we can be so picky.

Maybe we could have a new list compiled of who will actually will be there? As currently it seems pointless even having the event with less than 10 people in attendance!!
System-G

Post by System-G »

waynestoyotamr2 wrote:
but am not sure we are in the lucky position where we can be so picky.

When was the last AGM you attended and gave your input?

[mod edit]
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Attendee List (please copy and paste)

1. Jinxy
3. Michael
4. Joanne Sheavills
5. Max Starr
6. Wayne
7. Peter Hartley
9. Stuart Kynoch
waynestoyotamr2

System-G wrote:
waynestoyotamr2 wrote:
but am not sure we are in the lucky position where we can be so picky.

When was the last AGM you attended and gave your input?

[mod edit]

Last year. Although I didnt give much input I must admit.
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

1. Jinxy
3. Michael
4. Joanne Sheavills
5. Max Starr
6. Wayne
7. Peter Hartley
9. Stuart Kynoch
11. Karl
12. Louise

As for who can and who can't attend, this sort of thing should be in a club constitution, but I'm not sure we have one. Maybe something to knock together if not. As it's being held in a private room paid for by the club, the club has every right to decide who to invite. Personally I think We should limit it to members and partners, however partners won't be able to participate in any votes. There is no reason to exclude partners, we're not discussing matters of national security, the more suggestions to isses we get the better, and as has been said before, member's partners frequently do a lot for the club. If we ever get to the situation where this means the numbers exceed the space available, or we can't tell who's who in a vote then I might change my mind. But there's not going to be many more than a dozen or so, and I think nearly everyone attending is on first name terms with everyone else, so not a big problem yet.

I for one will be happy to see anyone who cares about the club enough to turn up. It's a shame the date change has prevented some that do.

Karl_T
Red ones go faster......
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Karl_T wrote:As for who can and who can't attend, this sort of thing should be in a club constitution, but I'm not sure we have one.

Yes - a club constitution etc was fully prepared for the first AGM we got off the ground at Gaydon. Stuart printed it in the mag i think, but he has the details somewhere.
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Sorry that i'm a late comer to this post but i will not be able to make the 12th, i am on my hols.
I know i have not attended any of the AGM's ,this is because they are always the dates i go away, or have just returned.
I am not a lover of the heat so always book my hols in October.
I know it's far too late to change the date but isn't there a chance that we could make it earlier in the year, maybe March, when there is not much going on :)
vix

Post by vix »

Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve wrote:Sorry that i'm a late comer to this post but i will not be able to make the 12th, i am on my hols.
I know i have not attended any of the AGM's ,this is because they are always the dates i go away, or have just returned.
I am not a lover of the heat so always book my hols in October.
I know it's far too late to change the date but isn't there a chance that we could make it earlier in the year, maybe March, when there is not much going on :)

Hi Steve,

I tried to change the date last year as the accounts run from Jan - Dec so I could give a full years report rather than having to forecast the last 4 months like I have to do at the moment. However it was turned down due to the fact people thought we would have an even lower turn out.

Sorry you can't make it, but like many of us it can't be helped :)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”