Rainham Ferry lane, mk1 red

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ppre89

Rainham Ferry lane, mk1 red

Post by ppre89 »

coming away from the a13 into rainham on ferry lane. Not sure if it was t-bar or what?
Blue1984

Re: Rainham Ferry lane, mk1 red

Post by Blue1984 »

THAT WAS ME!

Yes I was flashing the lights like a mad-un I know, was so shocked to see another one :)

I was on my way to work in Romford, do you go along there much?

Oh and it's a Sunroof model - are you going JAE?
My girl is a MK1(b) Sunroof Model 1.6L

I'm a female MK1 driver.
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

Yeah I went. :D was a good weekend. Sorry if you didnt see me wave, I was rather tired and late for work in fords. I didnt relise there was another mr2 till just before you passed me. I sometimes take that road not often tho. I think I will from now on just to flash randomly lol :lol:
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hi guys, sorry to hijack the thread :thumleft: , great to see you all at JAE & thanks for making the effort to turn up in the mk1's, it was poorly attended mk1 wise & was probably the worse turnout for years, but quality made up for it, Scott & Stef sorry i didnt get much chance to talk to you two, was busy trying to sort stuff, will remedy that when we meet again :thumleft: , i cant believe you got such a nice mk1 for such good money !!! :shock: , lovely car the more you do to it the more you'll learn about it, trust me its how i started. Tina & partner ( sorry forgot name :oops: :oops: :roll: im getting old :mrgreen: ) i cant believe its the same car we saw at Billericay :shock: wow youve been busy !!!, it would be great to see you at some S.E area shows next year guys, we are probably the busyest area in the club & have loads going on, even for those who are not "into " cars as much as us, so partners have something to do too, hope to see you soon, cheers, Jinxy
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

Cheers jinxy, i was really inpressed with the work you have dont to your engine and bay, looks so much better in the flesh. Just a quicky, do we have many S.E meets?
Tony jinxy froude

Cheers Scott, yep mate we have absolutely loads, you have missed most of them this season, but we get along to all parts of the SE to all sorts of car shows, Billericay, battlesbridge, Brands Hatch mr2 racing challange, Enfield pageant show, hants pageant show, bromley pageant show, Ravenswood show, LeMans in France, new forrest, Santa pod, JAE, Scotland trip, to name just a few, your always welcome to come along & if you can PM me your e-mail address i'll get Alan Cayzer to let you know what we are doing & when, are you a member of the mk1 club ? if not then get joining, its not expensive but well worth it for the knowledge, the SE area has a great calandar of events throughout the year & probably the most active of all the mk1 club areas :thumleft: , cheers, Jinxy
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

I know im a premium member on here, i didnt relise the mk1 section was actually seprate till JAE. How do I go about joining the mk1 club?
Tony jinxy froude

Hi Scott, all you need to do is go to www.mr2mk1club.com & it gives you details of how to join,the site is not great so dont let it put you off, its in the process of being revamped & dragged into the 21st century :mrgreen: you also get a great mag to read every other month aimed purely at the mk1 & has loads of dates for shows & area contacts for your area, being from the SE you will benefit the most :thumleft: , hope this helps, cheers, Jnxy
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

cheers, great help, pay day ill join up hopefully. Do you have a local meet every month at all?
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Sorry sorry forgot to come on here for a bit!

Well admittedly we werent at JAE much, due to the only key we had with us twisting and splitting in the glovebox lid lock. Got it back into the ignition & she started so we had to come all the way back after only an hour! :( were back on Sunday tho just parked on another stand

I did see you around ppre89 at JAE I think, you were with your GF but I'm a bit rusty when it comes to saying hi and being confident so didnt actually speak to you! 8) I'll keep an eye open for you around Ferry Lane, if you get flashed by a light blue Yaris that'll be me too - gotta show appreciation for the fellow MK1 driver.

I didnt know a lot about the MK1 club til reading this - will have a look this weekend.

I'm a female MK1 driver.
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

yeah i was with me gf, lol ill have to keep an eye out for ya down ferry lane. apparently my work mates saw u go into ferry lane then me come out and got confused lol
Tony jinxy froude

I work at Barking near the flyover just beside the big yellow & green MAP lorry building, i never see a mk1 in that area :cry: i even drive my train past Fords & Never see yours Scott either #-o i reckon i must drive in the twilight zone cos no one ever see's me, either on the A406 or in Barking :cry: :cry: :cry: keep a look out for me guys... im not that hard to spot surely :-k :mrgreen: , Jinxy
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

lol, well im at the ceme centre on the fairview estate entrance, i wont be in fords till end of next year. Still doing all my training. But if im ever in plant ill keep an eye out for ya :wink:
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Well I use Ferry Lane daily & go past Dagenham Ford to get to the A13 on the way home - but then I'm usually in the Yaris and that doesn't stand out at all!

I'm a female MK1 driver.

Return to “Spotted”