[Mk2] [Turbo] tyre problem

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dan1

[Mk2] [Turbo] tyre problem

Post by dan1 »

having a strange problem with tyre going down, about two months ago came out of work to find my front tyre was completely flat but pumped it up and it stayed up for about 4 weeks or so but then suddenly went completely flat again. I pumped the tyre up again to 50 psi left it for a week checked it and it was still 50 psi :-k any ideas what would cause this ](*,)
ancient mariner

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] tyre problem

Post by ancient mariner »

hi mate,sounds like the tyre had not sealed to the rim correctly,and by over inflating it you have cured the problem.you now need to deflate it to the correct pressure,and check it again later.paul.
dan1

Post by dan1 »

:-k possible just that when it went flat i pumped it up then did about 1000 miles on it before it went flat for the second time. Just concerned that it may suddenly go flat whilst driving at speed
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

I'd go down to a tyre place, and get it taken off and resealed.. just to be safe! Should only cost a fiver or so.
Nails

Post by Nails »

this happened on one of my cars, wheels were new, tyres were new, just kepp going almost instantly flat every now and then, started to get paranoid thinking some one was following me around and doing it. In the end they put some glue stuff round the rim what they normally use on rusty steelys and I had no bother after that.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Either that or the valve is bu88ered, I had that recently on one of my rears and Elite sorted it for me :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”