Tatton Park MK1 Club

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

coverco

Tatton Park MK1 Club

Post by coverco »

I have just got back from Tatton and would like to thank Kirsty,Si and Bill for organising the event, it was great to meet everyone and what a great venue :thumleft:

Here are a few pictures from Saturday taken by my son Mike.

(Edited to give credit to Si and Bill, thanks again.)
Last edited by coverco on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John R

Re: Tatton Park MK1 Club

Post by John R »

Thank you Kirsty, Si & Bill! :thumleft:

You did a marvelous job of making this show happen for the club.

Pity the weather didn't read the script [-X

Well done!

John
Mr_Spanners

Post by Mr_Spanners »

Thanks to the organisers for a great weekend - as mentioned the weather could have been a little kinder but still a great turnout and atmos!!!

Group Shot from Sunday

My 1B T-Bar.

Tommy's (coverco) MINT 1B

Dave (BBurn13) cleaning his car after a heavy night of booze and fags - Respect!!! :thumleft:

Hope to see some of you at the next Wiggin tree meet! 8)

~Phil.
Mr_Spanners

Post by Mr_Spanners »

Oh, I spotted this....

It's a REAL Ferrari 355. I asked the owner if he was going to buy a body kit and convert it into a Mk2 MR2? :lol:

:oldtongue:
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Some good pics there - was a cracking doo!

How many of us are going to JAE?
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Mr_Spanners wrote:
Dave (BBurn13) cleaning his car after a heavy night of booze and fags - Respect!!! :thumleft:

explains this photo then.....

:oldtongue: :lol: :thumleft:

:mrgreen:
coverco

Post by coverco »

Neil_turbo wrote:
Mr_Spanners wrote:

explains this photo then.....

:oldtongue: :lol: :thumleft:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/ ... CN1832.jpg

:mrgreen:

That must have been Sunday morning, as Dave and Mike were watching match of the day on Saturday night :D

Dave forgot to start his car which meant a flat battery on Sunday afternoon :(

The best story involves the loss of a front tooth and a tube of super glue, it really was a fun weekend :lol:
kirsty

Post by kirsty »

:clap: Was a great show despite the weather . . and not that I was counting, but we did equal the DC's turnout on Saturday then beat it on Sunday :mrgreen:

Nice to see so many mk1s at the event and such a nice crowd of sociable peeps :)

We even had the event organiser congratulate us on a superb turn out and he requested that we have one of the larger more central plots within the showground next year! So a big well done to all of us for turning out despite the weather!

And a big well done has to go to Si Taylor for winning best mk1 mr2 of the show on Saturday with his Dad's car, lol! \:D/
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Was a great day - had far to much on to make it on the Sunday - but sounds like I wasnt missed, fantastic news that there was a great turn out!
bburn13

Post by bburn13 »

I love Tatton. Its always a good show
and you make new friends every time.
:D
Also, always good to see the regulars.
Thanks as always to our organisers,
Kirsty, Si & Bill.
:thumleft:
Good time was had by all.

Dave
89 SC - Beauty.
89 Track n/ail - The Red Dwarf
84 Blue 1.5 Tin Top Rummy, 54 RX8 -Rex
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Cheers all, great to meet so many of you. :+:

Must admit I almost surpassed myself with teh alcoholism on saturday night, was good to meet Tommy at last, was relieved we got on well, jeez I was wrecked though, mind you I think the prize for that has to go to Sy, who was barely comprehensible at 3am in the morning. :tongue:

still mucho fun, even if the weather didn't play ball. Still that's Tatton for you I guess, but I always enjoy it, although I will admit perhaps the highlight for me was the shower when i got home on sunday afternoon!

Roll on next year!
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
lakeslad

Thanks

Post by lakeslad »

Thanks to everybody for making me feel so welcome on Sunday - it was good to meet everybody.

Hope I can get into a regular routine of club meets.

A couple of folk mentioned doing another Lakes Run (Bill even had the route from the last one in the glove box of his car!). If you want me to make some suggestions and put a day together please dont hesitate to let me know.

Happy Days!

Graham
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Lauren wrote:jeez I was wrecked though, mind you I think the prize for that has to go to Sy, who was barely comprehensible at 3am in the morning. :tongue:

As always I had a cracking time. The show itself is starting to lose it's appeal after seeing the same cars there twice each year. However the social side is still going strong and yes, I do recall losing the ability of speech from around 2.30 onwards. The funny thing was though when Mark and Lauren disappeared for bed at 3'ish I was left in the gazebo in complete darkness, unable to walk in a straight line... Who's idea was it to put the door of the gazebo right infront of a tree????

The next morning my head tingled a little but after 3 or 4 laps (walking) of the field I was feeling stronger again and had a beer cracked open for lunch...

Great to meet people as per usual but the highlight had to be Bill's super duper new wind shelter... :D (And Tommy's Dreamliner comments). :thumleft:

Return to “Past Events”