[Mk2] [Generic] which service parts are inchangable

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nails

[Mk2] [Generic] which service parts are inchangable

Post by Nails »

hi guys, just a quick one, I've tired the search function but its not something Im good with so I'll apologise in advance if this is asked a million times

Ive ordered some brake pads and they seem to be the same for n/a and turbos, is this the same for oil filters, distributer cap, rotor arm, ht leads etc?

Ive just bought a mr2 tubby rev 2 and want to pop out and get some service stuff from the local halfords (I know but Ive got a trade card which makes everything so much cheaper that no where else can compete)

thanks
steve
JeffD

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] which service parts are inchangable

Post by JeffD »

Brake pads and disks are same between N/A and turbo but fronts change between revisions (for both turbo and N/A) for Rev2+ onwards.

Rotor arm is same all years and models.

Dizzy caps are differnt between turbo and N/A depending on year.

http://www.ayrpark.plus.com/epc1/toyota ... _1993.html

Leads are differnt between turbo and N/A and year.

Oil filters are different between n/a and turbo (halfords one is an N/A)

Not tried it and perhaps a celica owner may be able to help but check to see if Halfords list a Celica GT4 which has the 3SGTE engine in (do check with someone who knows for sure though!).
Nails

Post by Nails »

thanks for that, might have to pop through and pick there service guys brains, sometimes you can hit lucky...lol
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yeah, just tell them you've got a Celica GT4 ST205 if you have a rev3/4 or an ST185 if you have a rev1/2 :thumleft:
Nails

Post by Nails »

thanks for that :D
Dazh

Post by Dazh »

Noticed your location mate, call in at Andrew Page at Durham, ask for me, I'm assistant manager. I'll sort you out some good prices and I would say we'll be cheaper than Halfrauds :wink:
Nails

Post by Nails »

Dazh wrote:Noticed your location mate, call in at Andrew Page at Durham, ask for me, I'm assistant manager. I'll sort you out some good prices and I would say we'll be cheaper than Halfrauds :wink:

where abouts are you mate? Im in night this week so it might be the weekend when I get up there, pm me the address and opening times if you could mate? cheers

Return to “Mechanical”