DELETED

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DELETED

[Mk2] [Turbo] Just had my car rr'd and not very impressed!

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Re: DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
THE DUKE

Post by THE DUKE »

Was that 220bhp @ the wheels or fly?

Who set-up your link? Was it not RR'd when your link was installed?

Fly bhp should be around 280+

Car stock is 245bhp (Fly) on 100 ron fuel with 0 miles on the clock..
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
steve b

Post by steve b »

If its a rev3 most remap include a boost increase to 1.2 bar to get 290/300bhp. 1psi of boost roughtly equates to 10bhp increase, so your running 15psi when most rev3s will be running 17psi so thats dropping you to about 270/280 bhp assuming its working ok. If your actually hitting the boost target of 15psi then theres a problem with the mapping or your ignition components. Has he a knock box or similar? How did he do the ignition timing?
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
lehem

Post by lehem »

Did you speak to anyone else who had a car RR'd that day? Also, when did you have ir RR'd, before/after the 14sec run? What was the weather like?

Loads of factors can alter rr figures. Might be worth getting a second opinion from someone else with decent rollers. Anyone in your area with DynoDynamics kit?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
lehem

Post by lehem »

So was your fastest run with that problem?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
sutton

Post by sutton »

Have you had a compression test done? Not to worry you but i had the same sort of thing and im a cylinder down! running 14.3s at santa pod...
Yellow Rev 3 Turbo
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
GhostWKD

Post by GhostWKD »

Doesnt help much i know but my rev1 ran a 14.0 at pod with exhaust/induction and a bar of boost so definately sounds down on power for the spec :?: (still stock IC and cat in place etc)
Ex Rev3 n/a x1
Ex Rev1 Turbo's x3 (buy cheap = buy 3x...)
Current VW Bora TDI
Current RX7
steve b

Post by steve b »

The old length of tube plumbed to a pair of ear defenders is no match for a knock box to listed for det.

http://www.theknockbox.com.au/content/view/2/2/

I bet its far from optimized. If the cars not broken then all that can be wrong are the fuel and or ignition maps are not as good as they could be.

p.s. I run the same ECU as you on a 1800cc mx5, I last dyno'd at 210bhp@wheels / 250bhp@fly running 12psi. My CR is a bit higher than yours at 9:1 and my turbos probably a bit more effiecient but it gives an idea how off your cars performing if it only manages 220@ the fly.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

either rollers are wrong, or seriously retarded map, or the engine is dead.

150at the wheels is nowhere near 220fly....150atw is around the 180-190flywheel area on the mr2.

getting a 14sec 1/4 mile certainly says that you have little over 200-210flywheel. you should be pulling 12.9s to 13.2s with your current spec...(with a half decent 60ft launch of 1.9-2.2secs)....
what were your times and at what mph?
stock rev1/2s should pull 14-14.2 standard. stock rev3 13.6-13.9....

to put it in perspective, my rev2 is running 255atw, and thats only a good/average figure for my spec.

need to get it checked and mapped on the rollers.

if your saying before you had all the mods the car was slower, its surely impossible to be running less than 150atw on the turbo.
something is wrong here. if the car feels/drives fine, then it can only be the map or the rollers. but 14-14.2s is right for a 200-220fly mr2...
Last edited by jimGTS on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

what are your terminal speeds on the strip? This will give you the best estimation of power.
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Like you say, it could be your clutch thats xxxxx. If your clutch is xxxxx then not all the power is going to get to the wheels, therfore it wont all get to the rolling road, hence showing down on power.

If you clutch is slipping, get a better clutch. This sounds to me like its the root of your problem, if its mapped correctly, no boost leaks and its running fine, must just be that the power cant make it to the wheels and is being lost due to the clutch not being able to cope.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

im afraid with that terminal you have a maximum of 220hp... a 280-300horse MR2 will pull a terminal of around 106-107mph regardless of launch.

You have a dodge somewhere, now the job is to find it.

Nathan
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com

Return to “Modifications”