[All] [Generic] FTAO those fitting new injectors....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GT4 Baz

[All] [Generic] FTAO those fitting new injectors....

Post by GT4 Baz »

Hi guys

I have been speaking to Ryan over at 2 Bar Tuning (top chap btw) about mapping my PFC with some 800cc injectors. I told him that I had a set of brand new SARD 800cc injectors, still boxed and bagged up.

He advised me that i get them cleaned and flow tested before fitting. I questioned it (its more money after all ) and he mentioned that he has seen lower power figures and poor results (early onset of det etc) with out of the box injectors. I had a search and found these dudes http://www.asnu.com/ . One quick phone call later and I was pointed in the direction of my local injector cleaning chap.

It was £15 per injector plus VAT for flow testing, cleaning and a result sheet (£70.50 all in). Quite a lot of money for brand new injectors right? But was it worth it? Hell yeah!

Of the four, 2 had no flow at all and the other 2 had poor spray pattern (would have mostly soaked the walls rather than spray where they are meant too!) and poor flow.

Post cleaning, all four have perfect spray pattern and equal flow. So now Ryan will have no nasty surprises when mapping (individual cylinder trims for example) and I should have a much better chance of a good, safe, powerful and torquey map

Hope that helps guys!
paul_4xxxx

Re: [All] [Generic] FTAO those fitting new injectors....

Post by paul_4xxxx »

im buying a power fc for my rev3 turbo soon and was thinkin of getting bigger injectors... whats the spec on your engine??? is it standard internals???

i think i might run mine at 350bhp until i have saved up a bit more for a rebuild and ko racing turbo kit
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

I have to be honest, if I bought 4 brand new injectors that didnt have flow or had poor flow I would be more than disappointed.

I have never personally come across a set of new injectors that have this kind of problem.

I also have only seen a couple of old injectors that dont work.

Graeme
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

personally I'd have sent them back demanding reimbursment of funds.

Whats the point in buying something new that doesn't work? Consumer rights anyone?
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
GT4 Baz

Post by GT4 Baz »

Guys, its not that they don't work, its the substance they use to seal the injectors when they are shipped.

Without having cleaned them internaly, you essentially haven't completely "unpacked" them if that makes sense.

Consider it like the silicon that is on all new tyres. New tyres are deadly when first fitted, the substance used to protect them from ageing when they are potentially sat around for a long period needs to be removed before you can get the full performance of the tyre.

Its the same concept with the injectors, for maximum performance and safety, get them cleaned first!

Also, if you hadn't had them tested, how would you know if they suffered from poor flow or spray pattern? The grease that is within them could have been there for over a year, this needs to be cleaned to prevent it impeding the flow.

My engine is a stock ST205 engine (Rev 3), I have an additional oil cooler, Koyo rad, FMIC, Walbro pump, hybrid CT series turbo and now some clean 800cc SARD injectors. All of the ignition components have been replaced in preparation for the mapping on the 11th, I'll post up figures the if you guys are interested? :)
oBladeo

Post by oBladeo »

i can see what your saying

I have the 800 sard top feed but i'm not scared. The fuel and pressure will clean then out after 10 mins of running. I'll run a full test after they have heated up and been ran. I'll flush the system and rerun :D
Henry Ford "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black"

Modifying a 1 liter is like giving my granny a E. It’s just wrong!!
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

:thumleft:

Baffles me why its only supra and skyline owners that mainly do this....

Helps me so much when i can see any cylinder imbalances with the injectors. As they are never the same.

Ryan
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

it's generally good that this potential problem can be brought to members attentions but it is so wrong(for me), for one, i would be asking SARD for a refund because after all when you buy something from new you are buying them on the understanding that they work properly for at least 12 months and you don't automatically have to fork out all that extra bucks to get them to work, :evil:

i am going to get in touch with sard and get there point of view/explanation for my own peace off mind as i was about to buy the 800cc injectors... :-k

[EDIT]other points have been brought to my attention, good thread :thumleft:
Last edited by Martin F on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

our toyota ones come packaged etc and dont have to be cleaned though so whats the difference apart from higher flow
Harry

Post by Harry »

Last edited by Harry on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

They injectors should be tested from the factory in my opinion, I would not clean brand new injectors, do you send your brand new short block from toyota off to be dismantled to make sure its within tolerances? No you would trust that it is correct seems tho you just paid through the nose for it.

Each to their own opinion here and I can understand why people do this but I dont buy brand new items and then send them off to have them tested.

Graeme
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

^Trickster^ wrote:They injectors should be tested from the factory in my opinion, I would not clean brand new injectors, do you send your brand new short block from toyota off to be dismantled to make sure its within tolerances? No you would trust that it is correct seems tho you just paid through the nose for it.

Each to their own opinion here and I can understand why people do this but I dont buy brand new items and then send them off to have them tested.

Graeme

agree 100% on this.
i can understand what the folks in the know,are saying with regard to checking before fitment.but in my humble opinion,the price people are paying for these.they should be guaranteed to work,without any quibbles.paul.
daiodavies

Post by daiodavies »

Does anyone know if i will get any gains by puting 850cc injectors on my rev2 with standard ecu
Harry

Post by Harry »

Last edited by Harry on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Last edited by Harry on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Harry wrote:Good report back Baz good Idea and tip to flow test the Injectors. After all the fueling Is crtical why leave It to chance. These *850 cc* Injectors come highly recommended as they are made by Denso, Japanese company who produce the OEM Toyota's Injectors. Exactly the same as the Blitz units which are just re-branded bu tat around £ 100 per Injector.

The lag time and spec as the Sard 850 cc's are Identical btw! One can not beat this value from RHDJAPAN. Around £230 to UK door. http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm/SARD-850cc- ... -GTE-20984 Hey Baz can not wait to see what my previous CT 20 Hybrid Is going to do with your set up and Ryan's mapping. :twisted: It would have been good for suppliers to mention that Injectors come or might be delivered with gunk In them to protect them In transit.

harry, if i buy the 850's instesd of the 800's for your stated reasons could you tell me how i could fit them and get them working as they are high impedance ones and standard injectors are low impedance, obviously not going to be a straight swap, bit confused :thumleft:
Harry

Post by Harry »

Last edited by Harry on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marf

Post by Marf »

daiodavies wrote:Does anyone know if i will get any gains by puting 850cc injectors on my rev2 with standard ecu

No, they will overfuel massively and your car will run like a pig.

Return to “Modifications”