[FINALIZED] Rare Genuine Black F-reg Mk1 T-bar for sale (needs work) - now with pics!

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AndyA

Rare Genuine Black F-reg Mk1 T-bar for sale (needs work) - now with pics!

Post by AndyA »

Hi,

For sale is my Black F-reg Mk1 T-Bar.
As stated, this is a genuine black car, rather than one that has been re-sprayed black, as can be verified by the paint code on the chassis plate. I have never ever seen another one manufactured this late in black. Apparently, the car was a special order from Toyota as it was a 21st birthday present for it's original owner!

I purchased this car around four years ago, and it was my daily (and only) car from then onwards, proving very reliable. Towards the end of last year, it failed it's MOT due to corrosion in the sills, some rusted brake pipes, and poor handbrake. I had intended to get the work done, but around the same time another example came up (a Mk1a in Sherwood Toning, which I'd always fancied!), so it was left on my parents driveway with the intention of fixing it up. Unfortunately, due to other commitments (am renovating my house atm), this hasn't happened and my parents would like their drive back, so it now needs to go.

As well as the problems mentioned above, the car has also succumbed to the usual Mk1 ravages of time, as follows:

Rusting of both rear arches – these look as though they will require complete replacement, along with the rear quarters. The R/H mudguard has fallen off, but is not lost.
Some rust to front left wing/arch – mainly surface.
Front right wing has worse corrosion – probably really needs a replacement wing, rather than trying to repair it.
Corrosion above the windscreen and next to the T-Bar seals in 2-3 places.
Corrosion at base of A-pillars, and some around door switch on drivers side B-pillar.

The drivers seat (leather) has worn quite badly, and has split/worn through on the bolster.

To begin with, I did keep the battery charged up by starting it regularly and allowing it to warm up, but last time this was tried, the starter motor had stuck and I was unable to.

Good points about the car are that it is pretty much standard and hasn't been messed around with or modified. Its done 100816 miles, and I have a lot of the old MOTs and some service history to confirm this. Apart from the seats, the rest of the interior is in pretty good condition, although there is evidence of a phone kit being mounted in the past. All four tyres are Bridgestone Potenses – the rears are fairly well worn (but still perfectly legal), but the fronts still have a fair amount of tread left.

I have tried to list what are the most obvious points to me and be as honest as possible, although as is always the case, there are bound to be things I've missed/over-looked. The photos will hopefully give some idea of the work required.

While the car still looks very presentable in the pictures, and could probably be patched up and put back on the road without too much effort in my honest opinion should really be viewed as a project as it really does need a lot of restoration work. As is usually the case, cars always look good in photos!

I would suggest that the car would need to be collected on a trailer due to the amount of time it has stood.

Am looking for offers around £300.

Here are some pics. If anyone wants any more specific ones, please let me know.

I work shifts, but will get back to you as soon as I can, and am free most weekends.

Car is located in Norwich.

If anyone is interested, either reply on here or pm me. Really want this to go to someone who will do it up, rather than have to scrap it, as must be really rare!

PS If someone would be kind enough to direct link the images and let me know how to for future reference, I would be most grateful :)

PPS Here is a direct link to the entire albums, which contains a few additional pics:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/AndyA74/F649OBP/

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/A ... F649OBP02/
Last edited by AndyA on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
poser

Re: [FINALIZED] Rare Genuine Black F-reg Mk1 T-bar for sale (needs work) - now with pics!

Post by poser »

HI mate:

edit your post, highlight each photobucket link separately, and click the Img button (above right of the posting window.)

You'll get these brackets around the link and it should work ok.

Also, you can link to the entire album with this link:

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/AndyA74/F649OBP/

Lets people browse your thumbnails. :thumleft:
AndyA

Re: [FINALIZED] Rare Genuine Black F-reg Mk1 T-bar for sale (needs work) - now with pics!

Post by AndyA »

Hi Poser,

Have tried that, but still doesn't seem to be working for me... :?

Not ever tried to post images before, so not sure where I'm going wrong?

Hope someone can put me right!

Andy

PS Have taken your advice and added direct link to album :)
poser

Post by poser »

AndyA wrote:Hi Poser,

Have tried that, but still doesn't seem to be working for me... :?

Not ever tried to post images before, so not sure where I'm going wrong?

Hope someone can put me right!

Andy

PS Have taken your advice and added direct link to album :)

I've sussed it - sorry - gave you duff advice. :eye:

When you're looking at each pic in photobucket, there should be a box below it that says 'direct link'. Left click in the box, it should say 'copied' - then come on here and post that link instead, with the img brackets around it.

Sorry mate - that should sort it though.

Like this:

AndyA

Post by AndyA »

Thanks, mate!

Have got it sussed now! Bit of a novice when it comes to theses things...

Just need someone to buy it now!
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was KMK11

Return to “MR2s for Sale”