[Mk2] [Turbo] [gen3]Where does this wire go? and what is this electronic valve for?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RyanRs

[Mk2] [Turbo] [gen3]Where does this wire go? and what is this electronic valve for?

Post by RyanRs »

can anyone advise where this plug connects ???

and what this valve is for?

im pretty sure the valve is the purge on the charcoal canister? i think the IAC valve is under the inlet manifold and its a different colour??

thanx

Ryan
3sgte

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] [gen3]Where does this wire go? and what is this electronic valve for?

Post by 3sgte »

the plug is for the abs sensor, if your car doesn't have abs then leave it unplugged

the valve looks like the aircon idle up valve although you have it pointing the wrong way up

also are your intercooler pipes protected where they go through the bulkhead as your pic seems to show no protection and they will chafe against the hole in the bulkhead
Steve-O 2007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] [gen3]Where does this wire go? and what is this electronic valve for?

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I was fiddling with this ages ago when mine wouldnt start. Is it the fuel pressure regulator ??
karammander

Post by karammander »

no 3sgte is right, its the abs and air con idle up.

cheers karam
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

ah np, for some reson it just popped into my head, must have been from all the stuff I was looking at / fiddling with on mine after reading that manual 8-[
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

cheers bud.

the pipes are not fixed yet, just in there for trial fit. i need to enlarge the holes a lil more.

The AC idle up valve... where does the pipes go that connect to it? does one go to the back of the inlet manifold? what about the other one? -think i remember it going to the charcoal canister ? which i no longer have, so i suppose i can just leave that one empty ??
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

RyanRs wrote:cheers bud.

the pipes are not fixed yet, just in there for trial fit. i need to enlarge the holes a lil more.

The AC idle up valve... where does the pipes go that connect to it? does one go to the back of the inlet manifold? what about the other one? -think i remember it going to the charcoal canister ? which i no longer have, so i suppose i can just leave that one empty ??

the aircon idle up goes on the back of the inlet manifold and the small stub on the turbo-intercooler hard pipe ,just before the bov attachment on the pipe
bluesmoke

Post by bluesmoke »

Well it looks like Black Billies again then or Yellows. I think blacks come in about £500 from TCB and Yellows come in about £600 from Rogue.

Return to “Mechanical”