My MR2 - the dark destroyer

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

salamanzer

Re: My MR2 - the dark destroyer

Post by salamanzer »

Century Motorsport wrote:
Chr15py wrote:oh and am I right in thinking the run you did the other day was without the nos? Is that gonna be ready for totb too?
Chris

The car will be finished off on the dyno this week so the misfire issue will be resolved.

The car was not run with NOS on the strip, main reason being a slight issue with the copper pipes on the nitrous jets - ill explain in further details when i get the pics up of the new setup... but yes, it will be running NOS @ totb aslong as we get it all sorted in time :thumleft:

Nathan

Nathan,

Did you manage to get the car on the rollers this week and fix the issues above?
greeny

Post by greeny »

Good luck today nath :thumleft:
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

salamanzer wrote:
Chr15py wrote:oh and am I right in thinking the run you did the other day was without the nos? Is that gonna be ready for totb too?
Chris

The car will be finished off on the dyno this week so the misfire issue will be resolved.

The car was not run with NOS on the strip, main reason being a slight issue with the copper pipes on the nitrous jets - ill explain in further details when i get the pics up of the new setup... but yes, it will be running NOS @ totb aslong as we get it all sorted in time :thumleft:

Nathan

Nathan,

Did you manage to get the car on the rollers this week and fix the issues above?

The car was on the dyno today, lets say it was, er, sucessful.

638hp at wheels, 490lb/ft.

That was with a 50 nos shot. Power without a nos shot was 596 @ wheels.

With the 18% transmission losses thats 778hp @ flywheel :shock:

Keep in mind the 141 terminal i did was with 512....

Really looking forward to sunday, lets hope the competition is ready :wink:
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

:shock:
good luck on sunday ( i mean with the traction :lol: )
Century Motorsport

ha ha yeah, its going to be fun - but i have a trick up my sleve :mrgreen:
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
michael

Post by michael »

Bloomin' heck, this is going to be fun to watch :)
EarL

Post by EarL »

Stunning stuff Nath. Gutted I'm not going to be there to see it in the flesh mate.

All the best. :thumleft:

EarL.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

great figures mate, very well done :clap: :clap: and all the best on sunday, looking forward to seeing some times :wink:
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

So you'll be wheel spinning when you cross the line then? :lol:

Incredible figures, I wish you all the best :thumleft:
Century Motorsport

Slarty wrote:So you'll be wheel spinning when you cross the line then? :lol:

Incredible figures, I wish you all the best :thumleft:

With the weather forecast as it is i think that may be possible :!:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Good luck Nath :thumleft:
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

So...how'd it go? You mentioned something about some new super duper tyres that you were getting - how'd they stand up to the abuse?
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
Century Motorsport

Won the RWD catergory in 1/4 mile and won the shoot out which was great.

Times weren't so good - 10.8 but the day was so hot and the timing system was suspect.... 10.8 @ 120mph on our quickest run :?: :!: :lol:

Top speed over 1km was 169.9 which was pretty decent i thought and the handling was a 55.1 - again, decent... the new tyres really helped but next time i need to get anti lag as the lag was really hurting my times.

Best thing about the whole day was the fact that the car drove back onto the trailer under its own power and it ready for the next outing :mrgreen:

Nathan
michael

Post by michael »

Hi Nathan, the 10.8 was in the final but didn't you run a couple of faster times earlier? I seem to remember seeing a 10.5 on the boards at one point?

Either way it was a cracking result :)
Century Motorsport

michael wrote:Hi Nathan, the 10.8 was in the final but didn't you run a couple of faster times earlier? I seem to remember seeing a 10.5 on the boards at one point?

Either way it was a cracking result :)

Possibly Michael, your now the 3rd person to tell me i did a 10.5 although i never saw it... i do have a print out of ALL 1/4 mile times so will have a gander tomorrow
michael

Post by michael »

I think you did a 10.4 too but after they had closed the 1/4 mile so it won't be registered on the timing slips.
salamanzer

Post by salamanzer »

salamanzer wrote:

Nathan

Nathan,

The car was on the dyno today, lets say it was, er, sucessful.

638hp at wheels, 490lb/ft.

That was with a 50 nos shot. Power without a nos shot was 596 @ wheels.

With the 18% transmission losses thats 778hp @ flywheel :shock:

Keep in mind the 141 terminal i did was with 512....

Really looking forward to sunday, lets hope the competition is ready :wink:

Thats some good power!!! Was that made on pump or race gas?

Shame about the weather, seems the heat didn't help much and to win the RWD with a 10.8 is bloody good going :D

The clutch held up ok then, as that was a worry of yours....

Seems the ever illusive 9 sec barrier is still waiting to be broken, will you be heading back to the strip on a cooler, dry day to have a crack at it?

Good work mate!
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Century Motorsport wrote:Won the RWD catergory in 1/4 mile and won the shoot out which was great.

Times weren't so good - 10.8 but the day was so hot and the timing system was suspect.... 10.8 @ 120mph on our quickest run :?: :!: :lol:

Top speed over 1km was 169.9 which was pretty decent i thought and the handling was a 55.1 - again, decent... the new tyres really helped but next time i need to get anti lag as the lag was really hurting my times.

Best thing about the whole day was the fact that the car drove back onto the trailer under its own power and it ready for the next outing :mrgreen:

Nathan

Well done mate!!! I left about 3:30 as i burnt the crap out of my neck!!! So only just found out you won!!! I would have come and said hi but you wa always chatting away when i popped over :lol:
Last edited by 2barGee on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Nathan

Congratulations on the times.

I love what you've done with the screamer pipe as well. I had wanted to do the same with the exhaust as well but the chassis gets in the way of having the exhaust and screamer pipe exit there.

Would you mind taking some pictures of the rear of the sill showing how you mounted the pipe to it and what sort of flexi piping did you use?

Thanks Ed
Century Motorsport

Ed - The screamer pipe is sat on a little exhaust cradle bolted to the bottom of the side skirt - intially this was OK but after some driving the pipe kept rotating so i cut a slot through the lip of the sill and put a jubilee clip through it securing the pipe tightly.

Here is a pic of the beastie with its trophies and some ugly git sat next to it who managed to get into the picture some how?!?

Return to “Project Cars”