Central Locking

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

realcoolmr2

Central Locking

Post by realcoolmr2 »

Hi,
When I lock my 1990 Rev1 from th drivers door it only locks the drivers door, locking the passenger door locks both doors and starts the alarm system.
Anybody got any idea what can be wrong?
Chris
Mark Edwards

Re: Central Locking

Post by Mark Edwards »

Mine did this recently. Its the little white switch in the drivers door. £30 from toyota.
Rickx

Post by Rickx »

Mark Edwards wrote:Mine did this recently. Its the little white switch in the drivers door. £30 from toyota.

How did you order this? does toyota have a parts number?
kewies

Post by kewies »

Hi rickx

If you get the chassie code toyota should be able to get all the parts you need. if not just give them a call and thay will tell you wot they need.
C82PER

Post by C82PER »

Where abouts in the drivers door??
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

C82PER wrote:Where abouts in the drivers door??

If you look at the car from the side... draw a line from the centre of the front wheel to the centre of the back wheel. Now, if you go about a 1/3 of the way along that line (starting from the back) and trace a line upwards at a 90 degree angle, you should come to the door handle. Pull that, and you will have found the door. =D> :whistle:

HTH

OH - you said where IN the drivers door... I thought you said "where IS the drivers door" :oops:
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

this happened on my mark 1 i took the door panal off and sprayed wd40 on it and that sorted it out

Return to “Electrical”