More on Induction Kits - K&N this one!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

Re: More on Induction Kits - K&N this one!

Post by crazylegs »

ah now i see £££ensport prices. #-o
System-G

Post by System-G »

Supered - honestly & seriously, if you don't want to clog up and potentially damage your internals any more than they probably already are, get a decent filter on there mate :thumleft:

And TBH, the particals that could pass through the Blitz, won't do any significant imediate damage, but you have oil vapours coming into the inlet system from the PCV and mix that with fine dust and over time it's going to clog things up in ways you don't want to think about.

Seriously, cut your losses and get a decent filter on there :wink:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

System-G wrote:Seriously, cut your losses and get a decent filter on there :wink:

Seconded...! :thumleft:
jamiesi

Post by jamiesi »

ive got a hks filter on mine and im now starting to worry how much s*it its sucking into the engine :(
PJ3074

Post by PJ3074 »

Just noticed these FUP comments.....I'm assuming I will be ok in keeping the crud out of the TVIS with a K&N :?:
System-G

Post by System-G »

jamiesi wrote:ive got a hks filter on mine and im now starting to worry how much s*it its sucking into the engine :(

I would... We have one on our SC (in the boot). I have had the inlet side of things off the car 4 times in the last 1.5 years. The gunk inside the hoses, AFM and throttle body is quite amazing :shock:
Which reminds me I need to fit the spare K&N to it :whistle:
System-G

Post by System-G »

PJ3074 wrote:Just noticed these FUP comments.....I'm assuming I will be ok in keeping the crud out of the TVIS with a K&N :?:

Much better than with most aftermarket filters. A certain amount will always get in. Most of the gunk is oil vapours coming in through the PCV. Unfortunately the engine needs the oil vapours to run properly. Tis one of the reasons (minor) I fitted an oil catch can
PJ3074

Post by PJ3074 »

System-G wrote:Much better than with most aftermarket filters. A certain amount will always get in. Most of the gunk is oil vapours coming in through the PCV. Unfortunately the engine needs the oil vapours to run properly. Tis one of the reasons (minor) I fitted an oil catch can

8) Thanks for the confirmation on that.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”