Ok i'll finally admit it.

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Re: Ok i'll finally admit it.

Post by thai boxer »

Spittinflames wrote:
un1eash wrote:A decent liquid cool setup will cost you £500+, i spent ages and quite abit of money to get mine near silent as it doubles as a HTPC.

I've never liked the idea of that, water and electrics always seemed a bit iffy to me :?

Exactly what I've always thought.....but some of them look damn cool! :twisted:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

matt_mr2t wrote:Tbh, I think it's more about being able to say he has the best PC than anything. He'll tell you till his blue in the face that it gets used to the full potential but no one believes him.

Obviously more money than sense. Alienware PC's have always been overpriced. You can spec your own equivelant or better machine up far far less than buying from them.

Then again if I was loaded I'd have one just for the bragging rights of owning an alienware, úbér nerd kudos.

On the subject of watercooling; I actually blew a mobo because I'd not fastened a jubilee clip quite as tight as I should have round the tygon tubing. It's safe though, I was just an idiot.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Spittinflames wrote:
un1eash wrote:A decent liquid cool setup will cost you £500+, i spent ages and quite abit of money to get mine near silent as it doubles as a HTPC.

I've never liked the idea of that, water and electrics always seemed a bit iffy to me :?

Blimey, you still heat a pan of water on a gas stove if you fancy some tea then?
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

matt_mr2t wrote:I love it lol. I just wouldnt feel comfortable with a mouse and keyboard.

I'm sure there's a mouse on Play.com for the Ps3?

Within a joypad world that's no prob, I suck with it and get my tail kicked! But a joypad player vs a K/M player will get owned. I just like the fact you can spin around 180 in a fraction of a second then return back forwards exactly where you were, all within a blink of an eye, joypad just seems too cumbersome, but if you're all at the same disadvantage then it's ok.
You can use a 'real' mouse with Unreal, there's a mouse available for PS that emulates a pad, little odd but works to a fashion.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Goto10 wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:

Blimey, you still heat a pan of water on a gas stove if you fancy some tea then?

It's not quite the same thing is it now...... god your soooooo whats the word im looking for??? Your something anyway.

Tell ya what go and tip some water over your electric stove, see if that likes it.

My point is people spend thousands on there computers then risk it all for a few silent glowing pipes
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Spittinflames wrote:
It's not quite the same thing is it now...... god your soooooo whats the word im looking for??? Your something anyway.

Tell ya what go and tip some water over your electric stove, see if that likes it.

www.youre.co.uk

Why would tipping some water on an electric stove be a concern? The elements are designed to be spilled on occasionally, if they were on they may hiss a little. Unless you mean tip water on to the control panel? Again probably IP65 rated and would shrug it off.

My point is people spend thousands on there computers then risk it all for a few silent glowing pipes

Car companies spend thousands on engine design and then risk it all with water cooling - just so they can have a fancy water temp gauge in the dashboard. Or maybe it's not just the temp gauge (or glowing pipes) they want - maybe it's because water has a higher thermal conductivity than air and also a higher specific heat capacity making it far superior at cooling. People who overclock to the point where the volume of air required to pass over a heatsink in order to cool it would require howling fans would consider water cooling a worthwhile 'risk' - my point is that something that is designed to work alongside electricity is as safe as any other, you trust your kettle, so why not a water cooling rig? Granted there is a slim chance something may go wrong and damage the computer, but there's also a risk that a normal air to air heatsink may pop a bracket allowing a chip to fry, or a bearing collapse in a fan and allow the innards of a PC case to overheat.
I bet you throw spears at planes too.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Anyway :roll:

Back to something more interesting please.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I bet you throw spears at planes too.

glol :flossy:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:

Return to “Games Consoles”