Ok i'll finally admit it.

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Spittinflames

Re: Ok i'll finally admit it.

Post by Spittinflames »

£20 postage! Sure you didn't have the 360 PSU on the scales at the time?

20 quid yep... .whats wrong with that.

Check royal mails website, Ps3 with 7 games packaged weighed 8.314kg. Special next day delivery cost me 20.70 so i actually charged nowt for packing nowt for my time and lost 70p[/quote]

Oh and before you say, its cheaper with a parcel company... Yeah i know it is but they wouldnt of picked up until today which means he gets it tommorow, The way ive done it , he paid for it at 4pm yesterday, he will now get it before 1pm today..... now thats service
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

I would've put it in a carrier bag and stuck a first class stamp on it (and charged them £30 carriage)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Goto10 wrote:I would've put it in a carrier bag and stuck a first class stamp on it (and charged them £30 carriage)

They charge you by size and weight now IIRC offering recorded and or insured delivery as extra?
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

matt_mr2t wrote:
Goto10 wrote:I would've put it in a carrier bag and stuck a first class stamp on it (and charged them £30 carriage)

They charge you by size and weight now IIRC offering recorded and or insured delivery as extra?

Hehe, I was kidding :)
I was gonna say throw it in a bin bag rather than carrier bag, but then I realised I was leaving myself open to a "That's where it belongs" gag from the 360 boys :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Well I gonna say "why bother with the stamp, just chuck it in the thames with all the other rubbish"

But if some mug willing to pay £340 for it then why the hell waste it lol.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:Well I gonna say "why bother with the stamp, just chuck it in the thames with all the other rubbish"

:lol: :clap:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

How much did you pay for yours again Matt?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Waaaaaaaaaay too much.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

thai ME TOO boxer wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Well I gonna say "why bother with the stamp, just chuck it in the thames with all the other rubbish"

:lol: :clap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_too
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Couldn't let one die next to a load of 360s, that would be immoral!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

360's tend to get repaired, as they're worth saving :thumleft:

Bit like a classic car, causes you agro but you keep fixing it because it gives you so much pleasure.

The only reason you'd fix a PS3 (if they went wrong, which I appreciate they dont tend to) would be because you had to remortgage your house to buy it.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Dunno what your all arguing about, Both consoles are crap in there own rights.

360 cause its looks cheap and nasty..... well it is cheap and nasty.

Ps3 cause it's just the most expensive paper weight ever.

xxxx em both off and bring something new out..... at the moment the only console i have left is a Wii, I'd never sell that, games cost nothing, theres loads of them and it's fun to play on, it never breaks down and don't cost the earth.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Games cost nothing?

Most of them I've seen are £30 - £35 - couple of quid less than 360 games.

I get bored of the Wii games very very quickly. It's all a little too infantile for me.

Well done Nintendo for making something so original, but it's not my cuppa tea.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

matt_mr2t wrote:360's tend to get repaired, as they're worth saving :thumleft:

Bit like a classic car, causes you agro but you keep fixing it because it gives you so much pleasure.

The only reason you'd fix a PS3 (if they went wrong, which I appreciate they dont tend to) would be because you had to remortgage your house to buy it.

Ahhhh, now I see! You're all like old flat cap wearing men with their old outdated consoles. Does your one have polished chrome bumpers on it? PS3 owners are like Ferrari owners, with our fast expensive machines.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Spittinflames wrote:Dunno what your all arguing about, Both consoles are crap in there own rights.

feck em both off and bring something new out..... at the moment the only console i have left is a Wii, I'd never sell that, games cost nothing, theres loads of them and it's fun to play on, it never breaks down and don't cost the earth.

You can't really come home from work and veg on the sofa for an hour whilst waving your arms around like a monkey on speed.
You can poke the Wii up your bottom.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Goto10 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:360's tend to get repaired, as they're worth saving :thumleft:

Ahhhh, now I see! You're all like old flat cap wearing men with their old outdated consoles. Does your one have polished chrome bumpers on it? PS3 owners are like Ferrari owners, with our fast expensive machines.

Fararri's are simular to PS3's I admit.
Powerful, shiney, expensive, but ultimately, not a lot of good.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Goto10 wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:Dunno what your all arguing about, Both consoles are crap in there own rights.

feck em both off and bring something new out..... at the moment the only console i have left is a Wii, I'd never sell that, games cost nothing, theres loads of them and it's fun to play on, it never breaks down and don't cost the earth.

You can't really come home from work and veg on the sofa for an hour whilst waving your arms around like a monkey on speed.

You obvioulsy dont have a Wii then, They still have buttons on the controller... Up down left and ... you guessed it right. plus a multitude of fire buttons.

Dont get me wrong im not sayin the Wii is the most graphicaly impressive... That title goes to the pc, but what it is, is a console that is a lot of fun to play on, followed by the 360 when its working then the mega drive... master system... 3do.... snes.... nes.... ps2...... lynx... psp...ps1.

Tell you what though, i arent half having trouble holding all my paper work down since i got rid of the ps3
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Goto10 wrote: PS3 owners are like Ferrari owners, with our fast expensive machines.

What...... right hand jockeys
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Spittinflames wrote:
Goto10 wrote:

You obvioulsy dont have a Wii then, They still have buttons on the controller... Up down left and ... you guessed it right. plus a multitude of fire buttons.

Dont get me wrong im not sayin the Wii is the most graphicaly impressive... That title goes to the pc, but what it is, is a console that is a lot of fun to play on, followed by the 360 when its working then the mega drive... master system... 3do.... snes.... nes.... ps2...... lynx... psp...ps1.

Tell you what though, i arent half having trouble holding all my paper work down since i got rid of the ps3

Nope, I don't have one. I've used one a few times, it's relatively good fun when there are a few of you together, I'd call it a novelty, the shelf life of which has yet to be determined - the accelerometers/gyros are the only things that separate it from a PS2.
That list clears a few things up though, putting the Master System above a PS2 removes any credence from your gaming opinion in my eyes.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Spittinflames wrote:
Goto10 wrote: PS3 owners are like Ferrari owners, with our fast expensive machines.

What...... right hand jockeys

Yup, flying past whilst laughing at the proles on the hard shoulder with RRODs.

Return to “Games Consoles”