rev3 rear lights tinted

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

rev3 rear lights tinted

Post by mr2nut123 »

i know ive seen it about before on ricos car on TOC but ive gone and followed his instructions and the lights look 10times better and more up to date (i think) heres a few pics:

8)
Rowland

Re: rev3 rear lights tinted

Post by Rowland »

Your car is looking really nice matey!

I must admit I kinda' shuddered just before the pictures came up thinking you'd tinted them full on barry-boy black, but alas they look great *phew*
Are you gonna' spill the beans on what you did, how long it took and what products you used???

Rowland

:D
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

looks good :wink:

maybe its the lighting but the drivers side doesnt look quite as red as the passenger side - can still see a bit of orange :-k
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Rowland_W wrote:Your car is looking really nice matey!

I must admit I kinda' shuddered just before the pictures came up thinking you'd tinted them full on barry-boy black, but alas they look great *phew*
Are you gonna' spill the beans on what you did, how long it took and what products you used???

Rowland

:D

hi mate! long time. hows it goin? i arent no barry chav lol. good improvement right? 8) its called foliotec spray from halfauds (chav world) transparent red spray. 15quid a can. 8 layers to get the dark red needed. 1 LIGHT coat at a time and immediately heated/baked with a blowgun after each coat and a few mins to dry before next as its quite thin spray and can run easily if too much is sprayed. thats about it really. wax them up after and they look the dogs. they flash red if you put loads of layers on so hope you got a good MOT'er :roll: lol. cops drove behind me all the way home today and didnt pull me for it, im sure they arent fussed about little stuff like that. and quigonjay, its the light mate, theyre both equal.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

mr2nut123 wrote:
hi mate! long time. hows it goin? i arent no barry chav lol. good improvement right?

It's going well thanks mate!
I know I know, I just thought for one second you'd blacked out your rear lenses, I personally hate that look on the MR2...
Last time I looked though, I'm sure you'd got Lexus style rear lights? :-k

I think the pics look great, they certainly make a 'wallet friendly' improvement over the stock amber look.

:thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Car is lookin sweet mate! Nice job =D>
jiantsquidz

Where can I get tasty tail lights from?

Post by jiantsquidz »

Lights look good. A superb looking car you have. :D
Have you got any reccommendations for sites that sell decent rear light mods? Been after changing my rears but didn't know where to look...any ideas??
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

I did this a couple of years back. Looks great on a red car too! However I did find that it fades in the sunlight over time and with washing etc the orange will eventually return.

I tend to leave it this way until after the MOT and then refresh the red! :wink:

They do flash a bit red but it's arguably a 'dark orange'...not enough to warrant a tug I wouldn't have thought.
uglee

Post by uglee »

What happened to the lexus lights mate?!?!? Don't know what made you change your mind as I would never consider changin mine..................cough!! 8-[ :wink:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

uglee wrote:What happened to the lexus lights mate?!?!? Don't know what made you change your mind as I would never consider changin mine..................cough!! 8-[ :wink:

lmao, i dont have a clue why :roll: they look great just dont like gettin the condensation out all the time lol. when can i have a drive in the rev2 turbo mate?
uglee

Post by uglee »

Back this weekend, hoping to meet up with BBT and shaf on saturday lunch somewhere near us I think? Fancy coming?
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

uglee wrote:Back this weekend, hoping to meet up with BBT and shaf on saturday lunch somewhere near us I think? Fancy coming?

aye give us a shout, well wanna bez in the turbo

Return to “Modifications”