[Mk2] [Turbo] My beloved MR2 Stolen whilst on holiday

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sid1789

[Mk2] [Turbo] My beloved MR2 Stolen whilst on holiday

Post by sid1789 »

Just got a call from my niece telling me my beloved MR2 has been nicked! If anyone sees it on the road or for sell please do let me know! Its a lowered black rev2 reg L875MGM. What a load of..... I am really really f**ked off!
Lou-Lou

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] My beloved MR2 Stolen whilst on holiday

Post by Lou-Lou »

That really sucks :(

Really hope they find it for you though :pray:
sid1789

Post by sid1789 »

Thanks, I certainly hope so really attached to the old girl :(
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Oh no :( That is terrible!

Hopefully the police will find the scum bag that did it and you'll get your car back and the guy will be sent to prison :evil:
Dan88

Post by Dan88 »

How cr@p is that mate, so sorry to hear it

hope they find him and chop his hands off!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

What I want to know is where these cars go!! My mum's Mk2 was lifted a few years ago and never turned up... I imagine it was broken for parts, but where are these parts being sold??
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

not good mate!

got any pics to post up?

any disginuishing marks or features on it? what mods?
2003 Leon Cupra R, stage 2 Jabbasport remap to 280bhp

MR2 now sold :(
sid1789

Post by sid1789 »

I suspect it will be broken for parts, can't imagine someone being stupid enough to drive it around, it is far too distinctive for that!

Yeah I've got pics but am on holiday at the mo so can't post them, there's a couple of old pics on mr2oc (before the border front lip):
(http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/coppermine/displ ... pos=0.html).

My niece is looking after the house and noticed it was missing this morning. As for distinguishing features:

Legalis twin exhaust, tein springs lowered 40mm, avcr, aftermarket bov, border style front lip, ST205 charge cooler aftermarket front rad. Unfortunately apart from the exhaust, lowered and the front lip it looks like a standard rev 2, the majority of the mods are on the engine. It has some pretty rare 17inch motegi alloys however.

Oh and it has a bit of a dent in the rear panel!

Thanks everyone
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

That really sucks mate. Thieving buggers, should chop their hands off
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Dont let it ruin your holiday.. these things happen and it is replaceable. Gutted for you though.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
phipck

Post by phipck »

i had somone say mine was not outside my house when i was away a while ago.........which couldnt have been the case as their was no battery in it and no fuel.........suffice to say it was still there when i got back

I hope this is a simular joke being played. if not then thats crap dude
sid1789

Post by sid1789 »

phipck wrote:i had somone say mine was not outside my house when i was away a while ago.........which couldnt have been the case as their was no battery in it and no fuel.........suffice to say it was still there when i got back

If only, but its my niece and she knows better thasn to play a joke like that. Been confirmed by one of the neighbours too :(
xanthus400

Post by xanthus400 »

gutted for you chap :mad: hope plod catch em n attach thier goolies to a car battry. You cant leave owt on its todd these days
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Ollie @ Skyinsurance wrote:What I want to know is where these cars go!! My mum's Mk2 was lifted a few years ago and never turned up... I imagine it was broken for parts, but where are these parts being sold??

Ebay probably then the rest to the scrap yard or one of them "We collect scrap metal free" adverts thats usually in the local paper :(

What sort of Alarm did you have fitted?
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:
Ollie @ Skyinsurance wrote:What I want to know is where these cars go!! My mum's Mk2 was lifted a few years ago and never turned up... I imagine it was broken for parts, but where are these parts being sold??

Ebay probably then the rest to the scrap yard or one of them "We collect scrap metal free" adverts thats usually in the local paper :(

Don't trust alarms myself - exactly why I had a Snap-Off boss kit fitted on mine. Whenever the car was left unattended off came the steering wheel. If I was at work or on holiday it'd be safely locked in the flat rather than in the boot. Best anti-theft device out there IMO.

Very sorry to hear this mate, sorry to say I think it'll be the last you see of it though. :(
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

unlucky mate :(
worry about it when you get back, enjoy the holiday for now
C50

Post by C50 »

as above

i have a hidden fuel cut switch.
sid1789

Post by sid1789 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:

Sigma, but obviously did bu88er-all! The worst thing is, my niece as being going round the neighbours doing a bit of investigating, turns out an ex-copper who lives across the road saw 4 guys pushing the car up the road at 9:20pm and did absolutely bu88er all! FFS I live in a small cul de sac everyone knows its my f-ing car! In fact he wasn't the only one to see it but it seems peeps are too scared these days to challenge anything suspicious!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Who have you told you were on holiday - sounds to me like somebody knew, 9.20 isn't exactly late. Have you been to a garage or had any tradesmen round recently you might have mentioned it to?

T
JOHNM400

Post by JOHNM400 »

Sorry to hear this pal. Hopefully you get it back with minimal damage.

Unfortunately an alarm is only as good as the guy who fitted it.

I wouldnt even bother hoping the Police catch them. When i was 18 i had my Nova GSi nicked off the drive. Got a phone call the next day saying it had been dumped about 5 miles away stripped. The copper then said he had seen the lads dump it and run away. Why the hell didnt he run after them? Because he was too fat. A few weeks later i saw my wheels and interior on a Nova 1.2 parked up right near where my car was dumped. I knew 100% they where mine as they had familiar marks on them and all the tyres where the same mixed brands. When i told the cops about it they couldnt be bothered and he said i had no proof and told me to stop wasting police time. Stop wasting Police time yet they waste all there time stoof behind walls with speed guns! I have no respect for them whatsoever.

Anyway enough of my rant, hope you get the car back.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”