[All] [Generic] Cheapo Ebay Steering Wheel Vs Momo etc

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nikaiyo

[All] [Generic] Cheapo Ebay Steering Wheel Vs Momo etc

Post by nikaiyo »

At the mo, I got a really lovely plastic Mountgay steering wheel, cant beet that feeling of hard hard leather effect fisnish :twisted:

Do I go for the obvious choice a MOMO, I have a bit of an orange thing going on on my dash so thinking about
this is my dash colour
But that wheel is like £140+ boss.

Or do i go for this one from ebay for £80 incl boss?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIGHTER-steering- ... dZViewItem
Would be good to know if anyone has seen what the quality of the ebay one is like. Surely some of the price of a MOMO is the name?
blue2

Re: [All] [Generic] Cheapo Ebay Steering Wheel Vs Momo etc

Post by blue2 »

Get the momo, its a much better wheel plus it will look good with your interior. Im getting one next week but I cant decide which to get.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

A new leather gear gaitor would help lol.

MOMO is nice but i couldnt justify that kind of money on one.
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

i was like that until i bought a used one, then i understood why they ar so expensive...

i say if you want it and can afford it do it. compromise and your regret it.
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

i have a steering wheel from this guy and i cant fault it

even my mate who has a momo one said its not that much different only the horn is bigger and says momo on it

this is the one i bought from him

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MILLENIUM-steerin ... dZViewItem

i couldnt justify paying 150 quid for a sterring wheel plus a boss and i know a few others have this wheel and none have had problems with it
Monaco

Post by Monaco »

Momo / Isotta replica aftermarket steering wheels seem to be a bit of a lottery from my experience.

A good mate of mine bought an Isotta replica for around the £50 off ebay, and its been absolutely fine, even after a couple of years of use.

Whereas I bought a Momo Milenium Evo replica off ebay and the quality was appalling: plastic badge snapped off, all the stiching came undone, and the quality of the leather was definately inferior to the stuff on proper Momo wheels.
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

quality of the leather was definately inferior to the stuff on proper Momo wheels
I can vouch for the quality of th originals... I've had my used one on for 3 years, and a hundred thousand, and it still makes me feel special. I'm also a steeing wheels nightmare as i steer with the ball of my hand, so theoretically i wear the hell out of the wheel, the momo hasnt shown any of the wear to its leather that my company cars used to show, ie scuffing on the leather.
AdDaMan

Post by AdDaMan »

that top steering wheel is extremely gay unless its actually going on an edc spec drift car, and even then i would have my doubts. :sick:
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

Spittinflames wrote:A new leather gear gaitor would help lol.

MOMO is nice but i couldnt justify that kind of money on one.

:clap: Well spotted mate :wink: Old pic, got 1 of Rohns fitted now, with orange stitching to match the stereo surround- looks fantastic \:D/
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

I've a MOMO on mine that came with the car but I'd find it painful to fork out the money for a new one.

I used to have a flat bottomed Montney (I think it was called) that I got from Halfrauds which was around 50 quid and it was lovely. That, and a TRD horn looked really nice.

I think MOMO's look nice but you pay for the name.

Return to “Modifications”