[Mk2] [Turbo] GTS and GT whats the difference???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SFLee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] GTS and GT whats the difference???

Post by SFLee »

My GT dont have ABS

options ABS -> Traction control -> EBFD
- > Cruise control

not sure all GT are t-Bar

and not all gt is leather :P my is recaro seat

steering fog and retract mirror i think is standard on gt
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

SimonPearse wrote:
simmo490 wrote:traction control on these it utter utter crap. and your right, your right foot reacts quicker than that, then when u do want the power back to correct its still closed (butterfly in tb)

keep it turned off ;)

I wouldnt expect to 'want power back to correct it', sounds like a good way of correcting it all the way to the scene of the accident.

well if you did need it back which sometimes you do, you aint getting it back thats all i am saying, its utter crap
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

SimonPearse wrote:
simmo490 wrote:traction control on these it utter utter crap. and your right, your right foot reacts quicker than that, then when u do want the power back to correct its still closed (butterfly in tb)

keep it turned off ;)

I wouldnt expect to 'want power back to correct it', sounds like a good way of correcting it all the way to the scene of the accident.

Power can be *very* useful in controlling a tail-out slide, sitting there with a dead throttle pedal sounds worse to me, if the rear end steps out letting off the throttle can induce massive oversteer, I don't think I'd like to entrust my fate to a dumb TC system! RaceLogic is the one to get if you really want TC.
SimonPearse

Post by SimonPearse »

Goto10 wrote:
SimonPearse wrote:

keep it turned off ;)

Power can be *very* useful in controlling a tail-out slide, sitting there with a dead throttle pedal sounds worse to me, if the rear end steps out letting off the throttle can induce massive oversteer, I don't think I'd like to entrust my fate to a dumb TC system! RaceLogic is the one to get if you really want TC.

Firstly, if the rear end steps out then, by definition, you already have massive oversteer.
Secondly, you are grossly exagerating the crudity of the TC system.
In a non TC car, if the rear wheels spin you need to reduce the power in order to regain traction. You do this by reducing the throttle until the wheels stop spinning. That is exactly what the computerised system does.

HAve you actualy driven an MR2 with TC?
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

yes thankyou and i thought it was utter crap. the TC is a hinderence and a restricion.

it does not just "stop the wheels from spinning" it bloody cuts the power to a stupid level and takes ages to react. its ok you stick to your 15 year old TC :mrgreen:
SimonPearse

Post by SimonPearse »

simmo490 wrote:yes thankyou and i thought it was utter crap. the TC is a hinderence and a restricion.

it does not just "stop the wheels from spinning" it bloody cuts the power to a stupid level and takes ages to react. its ok you stick to your 15 year old TC :mrgreen:

Perhaps the example(s) you have driven were not working correctly, or perhaps your reactions are much better than mine.
The TC on my car does not overreact in the way you describe, nor is it spectacularly sluggish. It may be (over) 15 years old, but then so is the rest of the car: just because it's old does not mean its 'utter crap'.
In my normal road use it almost never comes on, I see it as a valuable safety feature and a perfectly sound bit of engineering.
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

I found it used to cut in far too often. Also, the sensor played up causing the TRC light to stay on which was annoying.
Marf

Post by Marf »

BLZ-8027 wrote:spec pics

Do you have these at a higher resolution?
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Marf wrote:
BLZ-8027 wrote:spec pics

Do you have these at a higher resolution?

No mate sorry these were on a disc that i got with the car
don't know if i can alter them in any way?
are they not viewable?
Marf

Post by Marf »

No worries, I can view them, just wondered if you might have had them in a higher res as it'd make easier to read :thumleft:
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Ill have a play around :-k
JJ

Post by JJ »

Call me odd, but I deem it a challenge for the mods I've done to my MR2 ( top mount big turbo, ext gate and uprated everything else ) to still retain the climate control and cruise control ! :D

Mines a Rev 2 GTS ! With a ST205 GT4 engine in it ! #-o

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”