GTA4 - I am moist with excitement!

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ENSMR2

Re: GTA4 - I am moist with excitement!

Post by ENSMR2 »

Appears as though it does not after more research. Apparently it's rumoured as possibly coming with "home" Whatever that is. I'm guessing some ps3 online thing.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

ENSMR2 wrote:Enough of all that lol.

Can someone tell me whether it is true the PS3 version does not have any achivements to do??? Thought I'd give it a go and can't find anything relating to it. Not bothered about gamer points or whatever. Just wanted something else to do when I'm not in the mood for the missions etc. TBH this for me is a big let down!

No achievements. Plenty of side missions to do though.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Can someone tell me whether it is true the PS3 version does not have any achivements to do??? Thought I'd give it a go and can't find anything relating to it. Not bothered about gamer points or whatever. Just wanted something else to do when I'm not in the mood for the missions etc. TBH this for me is a big let down!

no PS3 games have achievements. shame too cos they add alot to the game.

think i spent more time on crackdown doing the achievements than i did playing the story.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

SamUK wrote:

think i spent more time on crackdown doing the achievements than i did playing the story.

not true. fifa does
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

mikee66 wrote:
SamUK wrote:

not true. fifa does

so does drakes fortune
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

the patch that i downloaded tonight also sorted the brightness issue for me!
black2

Post by black2 »

how far have people got in the game i.e %.......i am on 52.78% of the way through.

also 37 hours playing time!!!

it says i am tweaking hard for some reason!!! :eye:
rev1 tubo being broken for bits......get while the cookies are hott

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100222
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

black2 wrote:how far have people got in the game i.e %.......i am on 52.78% of the way through.

I seem to be a bit stuck on the 'Snow Storm' mission with Elizabeta... IIRC think i'm around 25%.

I can get the drugs out of the hospital but just don't seem to have enough life to get away. Must have tried it about 8-10 times now.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

ENSMR2 wrote:Appears as though it does not after more research. Apparently it's rumoured as possibly coming with "home" Whatever that is. I'm guessing some ps3 online thing.

Home is still some way off unfortunately.

Have you really not heard of 'Home'?

Its a sort of virtual world where you meet up with friends for games and chat etc...

here is a link to it:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/04/22 ... _ps3_home/
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

@ENSMR2 its like second life and i think most people have heard of that.

weird they have achievements with no gamerscores tho.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Lauren wrote:
black2 wrote:how far have people got in the game i.e %.......i am on 52.78% of the way through.

I seem to be a bit stuck on the 'Snow Storm' mission with Elizabeta... IIRC think i'm around 25%.

I can get the drugs out of the hospital but just don't seem to have enough life to get away. Must have tried it about 8-10 times now.

That was actuall a p1$$ easy mission. Get the drugs, make your way back to your car (which you should have parked right out front and used as cover when taking out the bad guys out front) Run to it, get in and off you go. This mission showed the AI of the games police. They try using team up tactics to ram you off the road/block/slow you :thumleft:
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Can I ask does anyone know that if you take a different route to the missons / do one before the other etc you open up different missions etc and take a different route to the end game?

Its just I havent done that snow storm mission but I am 35% through and Elizabetha has been busted by the FIB and the girl I was dating was a fed.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Oh how do I get into the statue of liberty?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

ENSMR2 wrote:
That was actuall a p1$$ easy mission. Get the drugs, make your way back to your car (which you should have parked right out front and used as cover when taking out the bad guys out front) Run to it, get in and off you go. This mission showed the AI of the games police. They try using team up tactics to ram you off the road/block/slow you :thumleft:

I'm finding it anything but easy. On about the 3rd attempt I got away in a car, only to end up trying to get into a pay n spray and getting stuck with the police.

I just seem to get wasted before i get out. Also have escaped a few times and jumped into the river/sea in search of this jetmax boat only to find it wasn't there. I'll try it again for the 10th time tonight.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Bender Unit wrote:Oh how do I get into the statue of liberty?

SPOILER BELOW

Helicopter over to it and plan your "dismount" so you land on the ledge. Walk into the doorway (There are 4 to choose from, you want the one with the 2 plaques either side of it (it's a trick door)) Up the ladder and there it is ;)
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

ENSMR2 wrote:
Bender Unit wrote:Oh how do I get into the statue of liberty?

SPOILER BELOW

Helicopter over to it and plan your "dismount" so you land on the ledge. Walk into the doorway (There are 4 to choose from, you want the one with the 2 plaques either side of it (it's a trick door)) Up the ladder and there it is ;)

The text on the plaques is quite amusing too.
I haven't got the rocket launcher yet so can't destroy the the thing inside - someone said the city descends into chaos if you do.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Cheers for that Ens! Will have a look tonight.

Have to say initally with the game I thought it was good but it didnt blow me away as expected, but the more I play it the more I beome immersed in the world and the better it gets.

I was also worried that the missions were too easy, but that seems to have ramped up a good old bit so its more of a challenge.

Think I need to get the book, reckon I am missing a whole load of things.

Has anyone tried doing a jump from the helicopter at full height into the lake in central park - not easy :D
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Yeah it didn't grab me as well as I'd hoped initially, but as you say - the more I've played it the better it has become. Only around 26% completion now but I'm squeezing in a mission whenever I get 30 mins spare :)
Anyone know if the parachute is in IV? Was always handy for mid-flight bail outs in SA.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Anyone know if the parachute is in IV? Was always handy for mid-flight bail outs in SA.

Sadly not, they wanted to make it more realistic so no 747's, lear jets or parachutes. I loved the parachute, used to air cars off the edge of the mountain and then bail out watching the car crash to earth and kill people.

I understand what they have done with 4, but IMHO that free roam, do anything environment is something I liked. Want to get a copy of SA for the 360.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Same hear, it's a good game. Over hyped probably. Had to faff about too much with display setting too to make it look good.

It is quite easy. Not had a hard mission yet.

Return to “Games Consoles”