GTA4 - I am moist with excitement!

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: GTA4 - I am moist with excitement!

Post by Lauren »

Has everyone noticed the eight-six saloon lookalike in the game, ie the drift car?

MMC that it has: 'NA Inline, 20V RWD' in foot high letters on the doors.

Also in small print underneath it says something like: 'Throttle bodies, high performance limited slip differential'.

On the seat headrests it says 'Drift'.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Spittinflames wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:

Lets stop comparing consoles now please and lets just talk about the games.

ok........

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33469.html

I know which version looks better! :mrgreen: :oldtongue:

Lets be honest there identical really.

It's not even worth the effort to try and pick fault with one or the other.

They ARE identical. My cousin as it on 360 me on PS3.

We both agree they look near enough identical. Only the PS3 seems to have more traffic/people. The only difference we noticed was between settings on the TV's we have. A quick change and they look the same completely.
Last edited by ENSMR2 on Fri May 02, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

thai boxer wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:
SamUK wrote:anyone tried turning the brigtness and contrast settings up?

the game looks way better.

ok........

How can you base a decision on a compressed video?! It doesn't do either system justice, if there was any difference it would've been largely removed from the encoding/compression process of making that video anyway. If you can see any difference in the quality of graphics in that clip then it proves you're favouring one for no actual reason!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Goto10 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Spittinflames wrote:

ok........

If you can see any difference in the quality of graphics in that clip then it proves you're favouring one for no actual reason!

Or you're blind. :mrgreen:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Goto10 wrote:
How can you base a decision on a compressed video?! It doesn't do either system justice, if there was any difference it would've been largely removed from the encoding/compression process of making that video anyway. If you can see any difference in the quality of graphics in that clip then it proves you're favouring one for no actual reason!

DAFL. :+:

IRTA: Thai has been owned. :+:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Goto10 wrote:I'd wager a 'must-have' game being out within the next 24 months that requires an HDD on the 360, so core owners will *have* to install/upgrade an HDD - PS3 owners won't have to as it already has one inside - so using that argument surely that makes the 360 'not what consoles are about' ..?

if that was the case then a) 2 years is a long time. the next xbox will be on its way then and b) you click the 360 hdd into place and theres no screws involved.

i kno its probably not that hard to change a PS3 drive but to someone who doesnt kno anything about computers. its an "upgrade" they shouldnt have to do.

Goto10 wrote:You don't have to though, the option is there for those of us that want to - which I prefer. Other users can simply delete data for stuff they no longer play/watch.

most people have more than say 8 games though and probably dont want to have to uninstall there games to play new ones each time.

Goto10 wrote:Don't know - probably no where near its capacity, IMO BluRay was a future proofing technology (e.g. not essential at this exact moment in time) I'd imagine BluRay will come into its own with media laden games that require a lot of FMV etc in the near future, by which time the gap between the 360 and PS3 will widen ever more - which is good for us all as it forces MS to develop a new console sooner - then putting heat on Sony to develop PS4 sooner etc - technology would move no where without competition and the need to improve.

exactly. so the few GB it installs at the moment takes 20 mins+. what happens when they do fill a disc? it would take ages and again, youd need to upgrade because youd fit even less games on there.

to be honest i think they both screwed up in different ways. Sony were heading in the right direction choosing bluray but messed up the drive speed in a big way. maybe they tried it too early or promised too much and had to commit.

microsoft wanted to beat sony to market and rushed certain parts of the console. its cost em too so i dont think theyll make that mistake again. probably why there already well under way with the next xbox.

i think the final fantasy game, think its number 11 thats on xbox. that has to install to the HDD. not sure why tho...
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

thai boxer wrote:
SamUK wrote:anyone tried turning the brigtness and contrast settings up?

the game looks way better.

Have now!

8) :thumleft:

i only tried it when a mate said whilst we were playing and its loads better. i thought it was jus meant to be dark before.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Lauren wrote:
Goto10 wrote:

NO ONE knows what you're talking about when you type like a chav Lauren.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :clown:

Plus I'm not winding all you PS3 Sony whore's up (as its sooo easy to do!) , maybe it's just me with super human eye sight...but you can definately see a difference in that video!

I KNOW they are practically identical looking, I've played both versions! :thumleft:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

thai boxer wrote:
Lauren wrote:
Goto10 wrote:

Plus I'm not winding all you PS3 Sony whore's up (as its sooo easy to do!) , maybe it's just me with super human eye sight...but you can definately see a difference in that video!

I KNOW they are practically identical looking, I've played both versions! :thumleft:

i don't get wound up, i'm past caring anymore tbh but what i will say is it's been documented that the world on the ps3 version is more populated and busier.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

mikee66 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Lauren wrote:

i don't get wound up, i'm past caring anymore tbh but what i will say is it's been documented that the world on the ps3 version is more populated and busier.

...and brighter, more colourful and more vibrant on the 360.....

....who gives a sh*t...its the SAME GAME.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

thai boxer wrote:
mikee66 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

and as it has been documented also if you play with the colour settings etc it becomes identical but the fact remains the ps3 version is busier. I agree it is the same game though and it is much better now that i adjusted the colour/brightness/contrast.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

thai boxer wrote:

:thumleft: About bloody time
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Spittinflames wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

:thumleft: About bloody time

OK bi*ch!!...round f**king 2!!! :twisted: :eye:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

mikee66 wrote:i don't get wound up, i'm past caring anymore tbh but what i will say is it's been documented that the world on the ps3 version is more populated and busier.

Just to add also that if you look for info on the up and coming Ghostbusters game the makers claim the PS3 version has been "toned down" to look like the 360 version, Saying that if it was to be a PS3 only title there would be a lot more going on, on screen #-o

At the end of the day it's the developers who are claiming the PS3 is the more powerful of the 2 machines but if this is the case then why deliberatly "tone down" a dual format release ](*,)
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

thai boxer wrote:

thats like saying the ps3 is a better console, plays games better than the 360, but who gives a sh*t, only MATT, SAM and THAI do. :lol:
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

lol its well funny how me, thai and matt always get singled out.

we dont argue with ourselves :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

thai boxer wrote:
Lauren wrote:
Goto10 wrote:

IRTA=I read that as. Keep up. :-:

But you are not listening (as usual). How can you tell the differences when you are watching compressed video? YAI take heed from what goto10 said, he talketh sense, unlike you.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Lauren wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Lauren wrote:

IRTA=I read that as. Keep up. :-:

But you are not listening (as usual). How can you tell the differences when you are watching compressed video? YAI take heed from what goto10 said, he talketh sense, unlike you.

The true words of a true Sony PS3 fanboy whore!!! :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"Its not Sony so I'm not buying it!! SONY RULE!!!!"

I HAVE played it on BOTH CONSOLES ....its the SAME GAME.

PS3 - slightly more traffic and people.

360 - brighter and bolder colours.

Live with it.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

thai no-one is disputing it's the same game, the ps3 version's colours can be adjusted like i have done to my own system. But because the ps3 is more powerful there is more going on in liberty city.

No need for us to fall out.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

mikee66 wrote:thai no-one is disputing it's the same game, the ps3 version's colours can be adjusted like i have done to my own system. But because the ps3 is more powerful there is more going on in liberty city.

No need for us to fall out.

I've never said any different mate.

Of course you can adjust the colours/brightness/contrast etc...you can do that with just about every game ever made!

AFTER the the adjustments have been made, the 360 version still looks brighter and bolder. I know. I've done it. On both versions. :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”