[All] [Generic] RCA splitter?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KoLaBoTTle

[All] [Generic] RCA splitter?

Post by KoLaBoTTle »

When I bought my car it's already got amp in boot and everything prewired with double din HU that had 2 RCA inputs

I changed it for my MP3 headunit which only has one red/white RCA input so i've only got my front speakers working atm (which need replacing anyway because they fart!!)

If I got a pair of these would it split it into a double RCA again? and would it work properly as both red/white would be going into a single red OR white :-k

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2759.l1259

Help! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
midenginedmaniac

Re: [All] [Generic] RCA splitter?

Post by midenginedmaniac »

I assume you mean outputs.

Just plug that adapter into the head unit and you will be fine.

You wont be able to fade front / Rear.

What are they driving. Rear speakers and a sub ?
KoLaBoTTle

Post by KoLaBoTTle »

thanks for reply ^^

basically.. front and rear speakers are being powered by the amp in boot, everythings already prewired so when i took the HU out there was 4 cables (2 red, 2 white) and only 2 slots to plug in, so i plugged the front speaker one's in and put my dash back together leaving the cables for rear hanging around

if i was to get 2 of those adapters and plug fronts into the one, rears into the other i'd then only have 2 cables to plug into HU.. but would it work properly :D :D
salamanzer

Post by salamanzer »

Dont forget by splitting the signal from the RCA you will have to increase the gain on the amp to get the same output volume.

Do you have 2 x 2 way or 1 x 4 way amp?

Jason
KoLaBoTTle

Post by KoLaBoTTle »

All I know, 4 channel i believe lol :D
salamanzer

Post by salamanzer »

Ah so its 2 separate amps in a box.

Shame, does the amp have a passthru option next to the RCA's? You can try the splitter as long as the current gain isnt turned up to much you might not notice much of an impact on the sound volume.

Else you can get powered RCA splitters that will split the RCA into 2 x 5v lines.

Jason
KoLaBoTTle

Post by KoLaBoTTle »

Oo didn't know that :-k

Ordered pair of the splitters to test it, theres no knobs to twiddle or anything on the box so no idea whats in it 8-[

Cheers salamanzer O:)
KoLaBoTTle

Post by KoLaBoTTle »

Put them in last night, not quite sure whats going on with it

I can feel the speaker vibrating behind the panels but fronts aren't making any sound just the rears and if I switch the fade front/rear left/right not all the speakers are working :-k

Any suggestions other than a new headunit :shock:
salamanzer

Post by salamanzer »

Does either the headunit have a low pass filter? - it could be that you are only passing bass signals from the head unit, hence the movement and no upper range.

Check the book/manual that came with the headunit, or have a flick throught the options.

Jason

Return to “ICE and Security”