[Mk2] [NA] Reconditioned Engine- can anyone help

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kb059

[Mk2] [NA] Reconditioned Engine- can anyone help

Post by kb059 »

My car is starting to show its age now and things in the engine are starting to go wrong, so im thinking of having a reconditioned engine put in or having my engine reconditioned.

Does anyone know of a good place to start looking??

cheers
ForMySin

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Reconditioned Engine- can anyone help

Post by ForMySin »

Im now having my engine completely rebuilt. Popped it into Kelly Clarkes in North Walsham who is seding it off to a company for rebuild.

As you're only up the road might be a good place to start. I got quoted 1700ish +vat.

My bottom end had failed tho so that was the priority. But the cost includes head, oil pump refurb and new water pump.

Mines a 3sgte

hope that helps :) :thumleft:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

kb059 wrote:Does anyone know of a good place to start looking??

We have rebuilt 3SGE engines (and 4AGE) sat on the shelf as spares / upgrades for MR2 Championship competitors. We only have revision 3+ engines available though, and yours will be a revision 1. We can rebuild your existing engine, or upgrade your car to accept the later engine.

Drop us a line on 01676 530222 (option 2 for workshop) and we can run you through some prices and options. We can also swap out your engine for a turbocharged lump or a 3 litre V6. :thumleft:

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222
kb059

Post by kb059 »

cheers guys.

As soon as i get finances sorted(unfortunatly my mr2 decided to die just as i started up a new business) i might have to give you guys at Rogue a ring as i have been thinking about going for the turbo conversion for a while now so this might just be the excuse i was looking for.

ForMySin ive seen a few mr2's kicking about this area, which one is yours mate???

cheers

kyle
poser

Post by poser »

Rogue wrote:
kb059 wrote:Does anyone know of a good place to start looking??

We have rebuilt 3SGE engines (and 4AGE) sat on the shelf as spares / upgrades for MR2 Championship competitors. We only have revision 3+ engines available though, and yours will be a revision 1. We can rebuild your existing engine, or upgrade your car to accept the later engine.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.roguemotorsport.com/images/m ... nes/00.jpg

Drop us a line on 01676 530222 (option 2 for workshop) and we can run you through some prices and options. We can also swap out your engine for a turbocharged lump or a 3 litre V6. :thumleft:

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

Patrick, I see from the above you don't have any rev 2s in stock (presumably why you didn't get back to me :wink: ) - I would consider a rev 3 upgrade depending on the cost.

I've got the cash ready and waiting, though my real issue is getting the car down to Kenilworth (from the north east) to have the work done on it. I'm not even sure if it's a runner at the moment.

Cheers,

Steve
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hi Steve,

poser wrote:Patrick, I see from the above you don't have any rev 2s in stock (presumably why you didn't get back to me :wink: ) - I would consider a rev 3 upgrade depending on the cost.

Apologies for not getting back to you. We have a couple of revision 3 normally aspirated engine bundles available at the moment - drop me a line on the office number and we can discuss options!

Best regards,

Patrick Mortell
Rogue Motorsport Ltd
01676 530222

Return to “Mechanical”