[Mk2] [NA] One of the worst days of my life....[now with pics]

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dawolf

Re: [Mk2] [NA] One of the worst days of my life....[now with pics]

Post by dawolf »

Sorry to hear this but at least you both got out okay. I find driving stressful lately, it's like you're constantly trying to avoid an accident due to so many idiots on the road. Hope this all comes out in your favour mate.
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

:shock: look nasty

but look like rev 3 side impact bar save ur freind, and if that was carbon door, i think she will went though ur car out the other way,

out of interest was you the first car to go though after light change, i have seen some driver just drive though red light a few time, some is more bizare then other like they stop at red, and suddenly went mad and drove off while still red light , other is like every one approach junction, and slow down and he just continue on
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

Your alive mate thats the main thing hope your mate gets better quick that a nasty break he has.

At an RTA where their are people injured Everyone involved has to be breathalised I was in volved in a Very minor shunt but one of the drivers who was fine one second just went into shock and had to call an ambulance police etc i got breathalised at 8am in the morning policeman said it was standard proceedure!
I would get onto them about that and start making a BIG noise about that as that could be vital evidence they have missed!
fearless

Post by fearless »

i had a nasty accident a guy jumped the lights in a car i hit him so hard i smashed every window in his car and put him on top of some railings, both wasnt wearing seatbelts and disapeared into roof of car, dont know why but i didnt normally wear my seatbelt at the time as i was only young (bit silly really) sick sense maybe, my rs turbo was a right off roof was kinked front of car was buy the screen oil and coolant everywhere went to see other guys and suprised to see none injured a 3rd party had called police, on arival took me to one side and breathalised me straight away id just come home from work on a friday at 3.30 looked across to see driver of car having same thing done, only to see him get cuffed after a few mins and get taken away he failed the test, i asked copper why but couldnt tell me but said can you guess so i said d/d and he laughed, got car recovered but damage to severe to get fixed, i received quite a bit for my car as i didnt pay that much for it in the first place im like that and i received £650 compo for whiplash filled out a few forms and had to see a doctor i loved that car all bits i put on i took off :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

Something very similar to this happened to me back in september, i was waiting to pull out on a large open T junction, someone coming from the left went to pull in the road i was coming out, but he failed to see the bmw coming from my right, the bmw swerved and smashed into the side of me, he was doin around 60mph, i was in hospital for 3 weeks with multipal fractures to my pelvis, broken ankle, and fractured vertibrae (wasnt floating so wasnt to serious whatever that means) now 7 odd months down the line ive only jus started walking and being allowed to drive again. The guy who caused the accident got away with 6 points, £140 fine £45 costs, which i think is nothing after what happened to me. luckly the guy in the bmw was ok.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41 ... /Crash.jpg
poser

Post by poser »

ppre89 wrote:Something very similar to this happened to me back in september, i was waiting to pull out on a large open T junction, someone coming from the left went to pull in the road i was coming out, but he failed to see the bmw coming from my right, the bmw swerved and smashed into the side of me, he was doin around 60mph, i was in hospital for 3 weeks with multipal fractures to my pelvis, broken ankle, and fractured vertibrae (wasnt floating so wasnt to serious whatever that means) now 7 odd months down the line ive only jus started walking and being allowed to drive again. The guy who caused the accident got away with 6 points, £140 fine £45 costs, which i think is nothing after what happened to me. luckly the guy in the bmw was ok.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41 ... /Crash.jpg

I know some good lawyers and would genuinely recommend getting in touch with them if you haven't done so already, rather than simply pursuing a payment via insurance.

I realise the compensation culture has a bit of a stigma about it but a huge personal injury law firm is a client of mine and since working for them I would have no hesitation in recommending them. It's not like you've emerged holding your neck and claimed it's whiplash, is it?

Give me a PM if you want any contact details - same goes for magic.

Cheers,

Steve
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

sounds good but i got a lawer through my work, i was on my way to work when i had the accident so i was allowed to use the companys lawers. Fords look after there employees :D dont surpose you have any idea what id be looking at? :D just my solicitor hasn't got back to me yet since i gave him the details of the other drivers court results.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Was the roof cut off? Just wondering as the front windscreen pillar looks like its been cut throughas is windscreen?
Harry

Post by Harry »

Sorry about this nasty accident! :( The side protection and doors on the MR 2 are really good,probably life saving.
Think of some other little dinkie cars one might not come out alive! :shock:
carlos9999

Post by carlos9999 »

magic wrote:My pride and joy was totally destroyed on Saturday morning as a result of a horrific accident in Birmingham

My friend had to be cut out the car and has shattered his femur at the hip in several places

I was a little more lucky and walked away with a crush fracture to my hand, whiplash and general cuts and bruising.

We were "t-boned" whilst proceeding through a junction on a green light.

Possibly the scariest moment of my life and one that will haunt me forever

My car literally disintergrated and we were looking to get out alive

Thankfully everyone survived despite the speed at which the other vehicle hit us

Check out the pics:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/ ... 1636-1.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/ ... 8_1635.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/ ... 163602.jpg

jesus....!! judging by the pic's it looks like it fell out ov the sky.. good job you had a parachute #-o
but hey..!! like everyone said your still here right..?
stay cool.
steve b

Post by steve b »

Car looks to have survived very well, glad your ok

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”