[All] [Generic] Trackday killed my clutch?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr2GtBlue

[All] [Generic] Trackday killed my clutch?

Post by Mr2GtBlue »

Ok so i did a trackday at Cadwell park last week was brilliant fun.

Straight after my last sesion on track I was getting a horrible juddering sound when trying to pull away from a standstill in first gear so i had to use second gear when pulling away releasing the clutch really slowly and giving it more revs, doing this got me back home.

On further inspection you can feel the juddering through the clutch pedal when releasing it. But i only had a new clutch 18 months ago and how can a trackday harm the clutch? So could it be something else?

Cheers
Lewis Jay

Re: [All] [Generic] Trackday killed my clutch?

Post by Lewis Jay »

Using a clutch on a track is totally different than using it on the road, harsh acceleration, gear changes and deceleration etc.

It is possible that you knacked your new clutch due to harsh track but you definalty will have damaged it pulling away in second gear all the way home.

I would get it checked for oil leaks too if you do get another new clutch as I have seen cam cover leaks and crankseal leaks cause new clutchs to go puff very quickly. :thumleft:

Hope you get it sorted, Lewis.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

if you get a new clutch fitted you might as well get an uprated one fired on that will take more punishment :thumleft:
Owen @ Kent Car Craft

Post by Owen @ Kent Car Craft »

I had a Spec clutch fiited in mine @ around 400hp,it was ideal for track use, ordered from ChicoRaceWorks.com
HTH :D

Return to “Mechanical”