[Mk2] [Turbo] Sky insurance - a waste of time!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2Crooky

[Mk2] [Turbo] Sky insurance - a waste of time!

Post by 2Crooky »

Well after i asked for a quote and them badgering me on the phone all week........

The final answer for my insurance quote from Sky:

"I can't insure you if you have zero no claims bonus"

WTF......I have been driving for 5 years and have a clean license but just because i was involved in a claim last year which lost my NCB they won't insure me at all!!

What a pile of b0ll0x!

Cheers Sky! ](*,)
derryt

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Sky insurance - a waste of time!

Post by derryt »

how many years NCD did you have before you had the claim last year?
Don't think-feel; it is like a finger pointing to the moon, do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory........

my old car-http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2091260
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

I had 1 years NCB but only because for the first 3 years of my driving i was on my mothers policy to save a tonne of money.
derryt

Post by derryt »

ah fair enough, i was going to say if you had more than 3 or more years you'd still have had at least 1 years NCD, sorry bud I'll :-$ now...

It's a shame really as when i got a quote for tubby (which i don't think i can get now) they were the cheapest by a long way

Good luck finding a reasonable quote :thumleft:
Don't think-feel; it is like a finger pointing to the moon, do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory........

2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

Bell have quoted me £900 fully comp with my mother as a named driver! \:D/ :thumleft:

They are the company i am with at present but my renewal price was £1500!!!

So i thought...hmm....try getting a new fresh quote from them with mother on the policy, and it came out £600 cheaper!!

Still trying to find out if it is perfectly legal to cancel my policy and take out a brand new one with the same company! :-k
derryt

Post by derryt »

should be perfectly legal mate, has it renewed since you had your claim or is it still in the same policy period? If it has renewed since the claim then it shouldnt be a problem at all, incidentally, have you asked them how much it would be if you just added the driver wef today? that might make them re-rate the risk as per the new policy details you got the quote from.

i found that on my old NA, on my own, the policy was £1000, with my mum it was £850ish, then adding a friend i used to work with (who was younger than me) it brought it down even lower than that! yet, if i wanted to add my dad, it brought it right back up again :-k

I've worked in insurance for 7 years and i still dont have a clue why underwriters rate how they do!

2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

Think i will just go for it....

If i call and say i want to add a driver its not gonna bring the quote down by £600!! Maybe reduce it by £200ish but not £600.....

I'm only 21 so 2 years ago when i had my first tubby i was paying around the 2k mark!!! So £900 is more than a welcome sum of money :lol:

Cheers for the advice 8)
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

WHat annoyed me was they wouldnt insure me with Protected 4 years no claims...they said due to the car and my age? WTF does that have to do with protecting my no claims?

Discrimination BS imo....i had to go with them in the end as they were the cheapest and I was on a budget.
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
Mauler

Post by Mauler »

Crooky, try a classic policy if you're old enough.

My Rev1 turbo is insured full comp for under £400 as it's over 15 years old. And NCD is irrelevent.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

NCD is irrelevant, but you also don't build it up on a classic policy.

Have you PM'd Ollie@skyinsurance (I think that's his username) on here? I am sure he would look into it for you.
T
Mauler

Post by Mauler »

tonigmr2 wrote:NCD is irrelevant, but you also don't build it up on a classic policy.

Have you PM'd Ollie@skyinsurance (I think that's his username) on here? I am sure he would look into it for you.
T

It builds up on my other car ;)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”