Great ps3 deal

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Re: Great ps3 deal

Post by thai boxer »

Lauren wrote:
SamUK wrote:
i was in HMV the other day and the departed was £30?

did you see i now have a ps3? so i dont need to reel the death of anything.

oh and now i see first hand that theres no decent games to play :-P

got warkawk tho so ill have to add ya and play.

Also GTAIV is out of course later in the month.

With 360 only downloadable content, extra maps and upgrades and acheivements...... :oldtongue: :whistle:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

thai boxer wrote:
Lauren wrote:
SamUK wrote:

With 360 only downloadable content, extra maps and upgrades and acheivements...... :oldtongue: :whistle:

:thumleft: :clap: We have a winer :oldtongue: I love my xbox 360, so many good games to choose

Although i am considering buying a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5 :shock:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Lauren wrote:
SamUK wrote:

Some blu-ray's might be expensive but have a look on play.com.. they range from £13 upwards.

Must admit i don't tend to buy films, i tend to rent them which works for me.

Have you got GT5P yet?

Didn't realise you had defected. :tongue:

im using lovefilm to get my movies and it seems like a great service.

havent defected, just wanted a HD player and when HD-DVD backed down, my decision was kinda made for me.

i got GT5 yea and it is a good game. i dont think its anything amazingly special though. just a racing game with admitedly very impressive graphics.

warhawk is a good laugh but i havent really seen anything else i want yet.

oh and yea ill be getting GTA but still on 360 for the reasons thai kindly pointed out.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

thai boxer wrote:
Lauren wrote:
SamUK wrote:

glol, I can't it staying that way for long :+:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

SamUK wrote:apart from watching movies (which cost about £30) bluray is totally useless on the ps3.

thats why we have to install games. my girlfriend played lost and it installed 4gb.

that wouldnt happen on the 360.

We have about a dozen films on bluray and planet earth ,not inc planet earth the most I payed for any one film was £20 (ASDA is your friend) :mrgreen: I only paid £40 for my planet earth box set ,

Anybody that buys bluray or hd discs in hmv or zavvi must have to much money or no asda :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

yea ok i have to admit, amazon has em cheaper :oops: :lol:

still no good for games tho :-P
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

the gta4 add ons will be pointless..... i bet there are so many people dont even finish the game i bet most of them just end up stealing cars etc etc. so new missions and maps arent exactly going to appeal to everybody
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:the gta4 add ons will be pointless..... i bet there are so many people dont even finish the game i bet most of them just end up stealing cars etc etc. so new missions and maps arent exactly going to appeal to everybody

Far from it mate. This game is gona be huge, whether you like GTA or not. The PS3 doesn't have achievements (which are damn good) and any additional content for a game like this will be in high demand for sure.
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

360 fanboys Thai and Sam again :lol:

Still trying to fight a lost cause? haha

Esp Sam...who called me a PS3 fanboy when I own both consoles....have u guys even played the new GT5P yet? It's almost untouchable....even my Forza mate said the difference is on another level.

I cant believe the improvement it has compared to GT4 and this is only the prologue!
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Antstarr wrote:360 fanboys Thai and Sam again :lol:

Esp Sam...who called me a PS3 fanboy when I own both consoles....have u guys even played the new GT5P yet? It's almost untouchable....even my Forza mate said the difference is on another level.

I cant believe the improvement it has compared to GT4 and this is only the prologue!

PS3 is crap!!! Haha
Since I bought my PS3 I've bought 3 more games for the 360 lol. There really is NOTHING what so ever that I want for the PS3 at this moment in time. Not wasting money on less than half of GT5 thats for sure.

It's just turned out to be an expensive bluray player.

Oh and HMV has alot of Blurays for less than £20 and I have seen 1 or 2 on Play for £13
The average price is about £17-£18 these days. Little bit steep but I reckon it'll come down soon.

**this is not to say if Sony and the game makers get their lazy arses in gear there wont be some great games**

But as it stands there is nothing the PS3 offers that the 360 doest in terms of games. The 360 games are also cheaper, the controller is better, Xbox Live owns PSN so much it's laughable, more people own them. The list just goes on and on.

But going back to the point, if your dumb enough to pick a PS3 over a 360 then yes, that £350 deal IS a good one.
Have fun on GT5P :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Oh and just two things to say really. (possibly 3)

Gears Of War 1 & 2
Bioshock.

Never ever coming to PS3, you guys missed out there :clap:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Neither of us are fanboys. I've played just about every PS3 game (all 5 of them!) and Sam OWNS a PS3.

Who gives a f**k about GT5P or GT5. ITS ONE GAME!! EVERY single time you try and compare consoles its...."Yeah but GT5, GT5 , GT5, GT5, GT5, GT5!!!!" :lol: :eye:

You havn't got anything else to compare the games. I think GT5 is damn boring. If I want a driving sim...I'll go out and drive my REAL CAR.

Totally agree with Matty.......Gears 2 is gona be one of the biggest games EVER, and Bioshock is amazing.

You PS3 monkeys keep playing on your GT5....when it finally comes out in 2012 :lol: :clown:
Last edited by thai boxer on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

SamUK wrote:apart from watching movies (which cost about £30) bluray is totally useless on the ps3.

thats why we have to install games. my girlfriend played lost and it installed 4gb.

Um, I don't track space, but I've had to download updates for games on 360, Assassins Creed and Bioshock both had content/bugfixes IIRC.

Bluray gives the PS3 more game area (I'd heard that Paradise City has more "space" to explore, but can't find any official evidence that this is the case; I got it on 360 anyway because the controllers are nicer).

What I like best on PS3 is SingStar, and I'll get GTAIV on it because I had all the GTA games on Sony stuff.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Why pay more for a PS3 game if you have both consoles, and you get gamer points for the 360 games!

The one and only way I would buy a PS3 game over a 360 game is if it's mega cheap!
Not likely though.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

RichardK wrote:

Bluray gives the PS3 more game area (I'd heard that Paradise City has more "space" to explore, but can't find any official evidence that this is the case; I got it on 360 anyway because the controllers are nicer).

Thats not true mate. Dodgy Sony rumour. :cyclops:
Last edited by thai boxer on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

matt_mr2t wrote:

PS3 is crap!!! Haha
Since I bought my PS3 I've bought 3 more games for the 360 lol. There really is NOTHING what so ever that I want for the PS3 at this moment in time. Not wasting money on less than half of GT5 thats for sure.

Oh and HMV has alot of Blurays for less than £20 and I have seen 1 or 2 on Play for £13
The average price is about £17-£18 these days. Little bit steep but I reckon it'll come down soon.

**this is not to say if Sony and the game makers get their lazy arses in gear there wont be some great games**

But as it stands there is nothing the PS3 offers that the 360 doest in terms of games. The 360 games are also cheaper, the controller is better, Xbox Live owns PSN so much it's laughable, more people own them. The list just goes on and on.

But going back to the point, if your dumb enough to pick a PS3 over a 360 then yes, that £350 deal IS a good one.

For your info my PS3 was cheaper than a 360...it was brand new...80gb with 2 controllers and a game...and no the 350 deal wasnt good...its not worth the money...your also forgetting the 360 came out a year before the PS3.

PS3 games arnt that much more expensive...just look on play.com

Oh and Blueray disc contains and stores more data IIRC. A lot more!!
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Antstarr wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

PS3 is crap!!! Haha

For your info my PS3 was cheaper than a 360...it was brand new...80gb with 2 controllers and a game...and no the 350 deal wasnt good...its not worth the money...your also forgetting the 360 came out a year before the PS3.

PS3 games arnt that much more expensive...just look on play.com

Oh and Blueray disc contains and stores more data IIRC. A lot more!!

Erm the 60gb PS3's were £425 how's that less than a £300 360 Elite?
My 40gb Ps3 was effectively £300 which is list price for them.

Who cares if you can get more on the disks - THEY ARENT PUTTING MORE ON THEM!

A bluray can take 50gb so what, an HD movie is all of 5gb - whats the other 45gb being used for?
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

matt_mr2t wrote:Why pay more for a PS3 game if you have both consoles, and you get gamer points for the 360 games!

The one and only way I would buy a PS3 game over a 360 game is if it's mega cheap!
Not likely though.

I like the PS3? I get games on both platforms; I prefer using the PS3 to the Xbox. It's quieter, for a start.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

lol where do i start?

ok.....

RichardK wrote:Um, I don't track space, but I've had to download updates for games on 360, Assassins Creed and Bioshock both had content/bugfixes IIRC.

What I like best on PS3 is SingStar, and I'll get GTAIV on it because I had all the GTA games on Sony stuff.

dont be a tool neither do i! i jus looked to see why it took 25 mins for it to start playing the damn game.

and updates and installs are a totally different thing im afraid. the PS3 has to get all the updates you have on the 360 ( i imagine so does the wii) but it still has to do an install.

which brings me nicely to your next point.

bluray is no good for bigger games because they screwed up with the drive speed. hell, lost (which runs from the go on the 360) is only about 8gb max (im guessing but it cant be bigger cos its on the 360 jus fine) and that takes 20 minutes to install.

have fun installing a game that actually takes up the full disc space of a bluray disc :thumleft: shouldnt take too many hours.

bottom line is and i know you guys wont believe this or exceot it (and thats fine) but the 360 is the better GAMING machine.

the only downfalls you guys can pick on (and remember were talking about games) is the fact you have to pay a mighty £30 for live for the year (thats 11p a day you cheapskates :clown: ).

personally id rather pay double that so everyone can talk, i have a centralised friends lists so with a few button presses i can play with any of my mates in any game and ive got achievements to add to my global gamerscore which adds a xxxx load to just about everygame ive played.

second one, the failure rate. which isnt great ive never said it was but i can live without my console for 2 weeks whilst they fix it for free.

next we could talk games. yea youve got some great title coming to the PS3 but the 360 has a list that sounds just as good if not better.

not many original IPs either on PS3 when most on 360 are a sequel at most.

call me a fanboy or whatever you want. ive looked at, played, read about, talked about both consoles for a while now and alls ive done is picked the better game machine.

oh and yea ive played GT5. its just a pretty racing game. nothing groundbreaking in the gameplay and in 3 years of dev time (by the way forza took 2 and it was finished) youd expect them to pull something nice together :-P

*sits back in flame retardant booth and plays on 360*
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Agreed mate.

:thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”