Gt5 prologue

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

Gt5 prologue

Post by mikee66 »

Anyone got this?

I got it today and i'm impressed, for £20 you can't go wrong!

pity the servers are down lol
Antstarr

Re: Gt5 prologue

Post by Antstarr »

Im bit annoyed u cant tune the cars...stock cars are a bit pah....other than thats its all gravy :D
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

i grabbed a copy earlier. havent had a chance to play yet tho as everytime i turn my PS3 on it boots my PC offline and then even the PS3 gets errors.

gonna sort it 2morro.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

I made the mistake of pre-ordering it off play.com and due to "sony not gettting it to their warehouse on time" i am still waiting for it :evil: :evil: :evil:
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Bought it in my asda yesterday for only 19 squid \:D/
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Gad
Location: Castle Donington, home of fast cars and strange festivals...

Post by Gad »

Antstarr wrote:Im bit annoyed u cant tune the cars...

From what it looks you can p1$$ about with things once you've completed the A challanges...
12henny

Post by 12henny »

Boyfriends already finished it :shock:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

theres only about 25 races so im not suprised :(

sony must be laughing there asses off and rolling in the cash.

there will be a resistance prologue next...
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Not impressed so far...
1. It's only just turned up today (ordered from Amazon last Wednesday, dispatched Friday (launch day)).
2. It decides to install the whole frickin disc to the HDD.
3. It now wants to download an update - which seems to be the entire contents of the disc judging by the time it's taking :twisted:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

i've got the save game file with it fully completed if anyone wants it?

all cars inc the f1

obv use a diff psn acc as i wouldn't reccomend not playing the game through.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I've had it since Tuesday night. So far am really quite impressed with it. Absolutely love the definition in the engine noise.

Physics wise haven't tried out the wheel yet as Mark keeps forgetting to pick it up so have only been using the joypad. Its a vast improvement over previous versions. Also AI is a lot better, nice to see other cars making mistakes and handily falling off in front of you on occasion. Haven't tried the drift mode or arcade yet, but will wait till i get my wheel up to the flat before having a go at that I think.

I do think it bodes well for the full version of the game and have no probs at all paying £20 for it. Money well spent i thought.

Will be looking forward to onineage once virgin get their act together and sort my broadband out (2 months and counting).
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Lauren wrote:Also AI is a lot better

Apart from the computer cars at times have no idea or intention of going around you at times and simply smash into the rear of you put you in the barrier (saying that i think i've only noticed this on the time attack and your stuck in the cappucino up against quicker cars)
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

mikee66 wrote:i've got the save game file with it fully completed if anyone wants it?

all cars inc the f1

obv use a diff psn acc as i wouldn't reccomend not playing the game through.

Download or done yourself? (well done if the latter) i have a few golds in A class and all golds in C & B bar 2 (have a silver for the time attack in the Cappucino in C class and have a silver for the 1 lap of the high speed ring in B class where you have to use the Integra Type R ..... beginning to thing gold on this is impossible) :evil:

Do you get the Ford GT LM Spec II if you get all golds in all classes?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Have been playing GT5P some more and got my F430 last night. That 1 lap race is slightly hard.

Also brought my steering wheel over to the flat and have opted for MT and Professional.

Jeez its hard, but really it is very, very good. Lots of trail braking i think seems to help quite a bit. F430 is tricky to handle at first, but am starting to love it now.

I must have spent two hours trying to win the last race of the A class series in it. Still didn't manage it with a top place of 5. Its a good challenge though and i'd highly recomend using a decent wheel with the game, ie driving force pro or G25.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Got it yesterday, played a bit last night and this morning - really good to see the AI drivers actually try to avoid you rather than just turning in on you, plus they do make mistakes which is cool.

Just got the A spec races left now, but too much fun playing in the snow :+:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Have just finished the A Class, so now onto S class. How hard was that A class 'mission' race round daytona infield?

Had to change options to put traction control on 1 (i hate traction control) and put steering to 'standard' rather than 'professional. Managed a 3rd.. NFC will i try to improve on that!

Mark is way ahead of me, though he is using the joypad on standard though all other bad aids turned off.

Blimey is it hard with the wheel. Reckon i'm going to get slaughtered online with it.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Speedy wrote:Got it yesterday, played a bit last night and this morning - really good to see the AI drivers actually try to avoid you rather than just turning in on you, plus they do make mistakes which is cool.

I've found though they do make mistakes, they still turn straight into you if you are trying to pass them on the line.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i got a question about this, i still aint managed to buy it yet:( but are thier drift cars?? i dont no if i dremt it or not but i swear i saw an advert with what looks to be a modded skyline including decals drifting....
did i dream it or did i really see it? lol
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

H3RB wrote:i got a question about this, i still aint managed to buy it yet:( but are thier drift cars?? i dont no if i dremt it or not but i swear i saw an advert with what looks to be a modded skyline including decals drifting....
did i dream it or did i really see it? lol

Yes, there looks to be. I haven't bought the drift car yet, its a skyline IIRC.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

EDIT: just had a go of the drift car and a go at the drifting... its bloody hard to be fair... the drift car seems to have way too much power.

Still, maybe if you persevere you'll get the hang of it.

Return to “Games Consoles”