[Mk2] [Turbo] wheel cleaners?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dan1

[Mk2] [Turbo] wheel cleaners?

Post by dan1 »

prob covered b4 but i have neglected cleaning my wheels #-o and now i cant get them clean. any one recomend a cleaner that wont damage the wheels at all :-k not sure what to use as its a stainless steel rim.
fearless

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] wheel cleaners?

Post by fearless »

wonder wheels is good stuff i bought 5 litres from costco's for £8 its like acid does good job on stubborn grime though, spray and brush in i have an autoglym wheel brush and wash of straight away as it dries on in hot weather. another good one i use if wheels arnt that dirty is engine degreaser you can buy out of poundland bright blue stuff looks like antifreeze and only a pound :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Wonder wheels is my favourite but not sure whether you can use it on stainless.

Believe it or not Cillit-Bang is very good and pretty harmless LOL!

Finally, I clay-barred (call me sad I dont care) my wheels on Monday and its great for removing all the stuff the above struggle with :-)
fearless

Post by fearless »

i used wonder wheels on my old susuki gsxr 600 bike and was fine, also sprayed it on my blueflame exhaust and brings that up a treat aswell, like i sad be carefull in the sun because it dries and stains spray on, brush in, wash off, job done :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
dan1

Post by dan1 »

might give wonder wheels a blast then :-k just that i went into halfords to look at what they had and everything had warnings on the back saying dont use on chrome/ mirror finishes, un laquered, or split rims #-o but if you say it worked on your exhaust should be ok. 8)
fearless

Post by fearless »

oh and one more thing dont get it on your hands and if you put it in a spray bottle like i did watch the wind, it bloody stings if you get it in your eyes very good stuff though :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”