[Mk2] [Turbo] fitting 6.5inch speakers

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hez

[Mk2] [Turbo] fitting 6.5inch speakers

Post by Hez »

hi everyone i got a set of infinity reference components for the front doors on my mk2, ive searched the forums and people have fitted these with a spacer, but im not sure how this works as surely a bigger spacer wont line up with the screw holes, has anyone got any photos or a template for a 6.5 inch front door setup on a mk2.
cheers :cry:
saj8162

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] fitting 6.5inch speakers

Post by saj8162 »

Hi mate! if i had read this yesterday i would have taken sum pics for u, Ive got 6 1/2 inch speakers in the front, with the spacers, basically its 2 rings, 1st attached to the door, then other 1 screwed on to tht, mines been all dynamated, smoothed off, and u get ureself sum self tapping screws and screw the speakers to the 2nd ring, if i get sum time ill take off the door card an take sum pics for u buddy!
Hez

Post by Hez »

thanks for that mate ill get on to that at the weekend then, still post the pics tho if you get chance it would be apreciated just to give me an idea.
cheers. :mrgreen:
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

You'll also have to cut out some of the doorcard, make a couple of spacers out of mdf mount these to the door then simply screw your speakers to the mdf spacers.

The door cards need some of the excess plastic cutting out where the old speaker would of sat.
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

Hi,

I thought you would only need spacers if the speakers were in the way of the window? :-k :-k :-k

Mounted 6" infinities in mine and only needed to cut a foam ring for anti-vibration, meaning that I didn't need to touch the door cards.

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.

Return to “ICE and Security”