[Mk2] [Turbo] locked keys in boot

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

welshboyo

[Mk2] [Turbo] locked keys in boot

Post by welshboyo »

alright guys need help took my centre panel off my rev3 lights tonight and put the screws in boot but must have dropped keys same time #-o
gutted as only got one set of keys have not got anymore cut yet is their any way i can access the boot at all? any help would be good guys feel right plank lol.
Monaco

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] locked keys in boot

Post by Monaco »

I'm assuming then main doors are locked still then?

Does the interior boot release handle still work, and do you have breakdown cover; AA / RAC or similar.

They should be able to 'affect entry' if you call them out, allowing you to open the boot from inside the car.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

hhmmm, the MR2 doesnt "Dead lock" does it? try and carfully wedge the window open a little with something like a door stop wedge and with something long, thin, bendable and strong (eg copper brake line tubing) try and unlock the car or even try and pull the boot release with it (but Im guessing the boot will lock with the car)
mcoppen

Post by mcoppen »

If you got a thin bit of something and slid it down the drivers window you could probably push the door unlock button.
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:hhmmm, the MR2 doesnt "Dead lock" does it? try and carfully wedge the window open a little with something like a door stop wedge and with something long, thin, bendable and strong (eg copper brake line tubing) try and unlock the car or even try and pull the boot release with it (but Im guessing the boot will lock with the car)

Thats how i done it, was quite easy tbh just be carfull to not mark the rubber too much with the wedge... oh and get a long thin wire with a hook on the end and just slide it in and try and tug the boot release its the easiest latch to get onto
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

cheers for the tips guys but the release catch for the boot inside the car does not work #-o the only way round it i think is to drill the lock and buy new lock barrel and keys? anybody know where i can get one from tried all the scrap yards cant get one for love or money.
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

I'm sure i have got a rev2 lock and a key ,But i know for definite i have a rev1 with a key the rev1 is very slightly shorter though but will still work ok

I can have a look tomorrow if you are interested at £10 plus post
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

you have pm :thumleft:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

welshboyo wrote:cheers for the tips guys but the release catch for the boot inside the car does not work #-o the only way round it i think is to drill the lock and buy new lock barrel and keys? anybody know where i can get one from tried all the scrap yards cant get one for love or money.

try and reach the inside door lock / open bit first before you drill it, if you can flick the door lock bit to open you will be able to open the door

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”