Formation of IMOC-UK Ltd

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Azz

Re: Formation of IMOC-UK Ltd

Post by Azz »

2p a day, not bad realy
Ed

Post by Ed »

As only premium members can advertise items for sale does this mean that as a Ltd company you will provide more protection towards the buyers?

If so what will your responsibilities be or have you got a get out clause in the forum rules.

Ed
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Ed wrote:does this mean that as a Ltd company you will provide more protection towards the buyers?

nope, you are buying from a 3rd party, not from us. IMOC does not vet sellers or buyers, and makes no guarantees about anything offered for sale through the site. Caveat emptor and all that.
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

£7.50 is not a alot for a fantastic club.

I would be happy to pay this even as a someone who has been a Premium Member for a few years now.

If it protects the club and those running it, then all is good. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Keep up the good work. \:D/ :clap:

Cheers, Lewis.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Cheers Lewis.

Just to confirm:

- The change in the rate will be made this on Sunday 24th February at 10pm.
- The new Premium Membership subscription rate will be £7.50

Ben
Azz

Post by Azz »

When do i get my PM of Bank Details so i can be a Premium Member? :mrgreen:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Azz wrote:When do i get my PM of Bank Details so i can be a Premium Member? :mrgreen:

You have PM :)

FWIW, doing it not via PayPal is will mean it takes a lot longer to go through though
Azz

Post by Azz »

But it also means all my details will not be sent all over the web and my account emptied

:mrgreen:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Azz wrote:But it also means all my details will not be sent all over the web and my account emptied

:mrgreen:

Joking aside, without automating the premium membership system, it would mean a huge amount of work for the admin team.
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Roytoner

Post by Roytoner »

Speedy wrote:
Ed wrote:does this mean that as a Ltd company you will provide more protection towards the buyers?

nope, you are buying from a 3rd party, not from us. IMOC does not vet sellers or buyers, and makes no guarantees about anything offered for sale through the site. Caveat emptor and all that.

Can we not then have it that paid members only can sell anything on here?
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Yep, just made the changes - only Premium Members can now place adverts in the For Sale forums.
michael

Post by michael »

So what "assets" does IMOC Ltd now own then?

Does it own this post for example?
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

The new Legal Notice has the info you need- it covers contributions to the site, Privacy Police and Terms of Use

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4380

In terms of the 'assets' passed to IMOC Ltd it is what you'd expect - Webserver, Gazebos, Banners, IMOC stickers (etc) and Bank Balance.
RufusA

Post by RufusA »

Form a committee - Check

Become a Ltd Company - Check

Order Picnic baskets and blankets........ :-$

Rufus.

p.s. congratulations!
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Tiamat wrote:Before IMOC became a Ltd company, the administrators were personally liable in the event of the club being sued. This means they could have lost houses, cars, had to defend legal action, pay for defending that legal action and essentially have them and their assets at risk.

Rubbish. An admin is just a member of a forum and has no responsibility when it comes to libel unless the refuse a request to remove the content. In the event of libel, simply removing the comments is usually enough. If not done so then the owner of the site (the person the domain is registered to I imagine) would be liable as would that site's hosting company. You want a) comments removed b) money...who do you sue? Some Joe Blow or the hosting company? When the hosting company receive the complaint they simply pull your site and no-one is sued.

If the company is Ltd and your job is publishing the comments (ie you are the site owner) then surely you personally can still be sued?

Anyway....that aside, in lines with this new direction, imoc-uk-chat is also setting up as a limited company.

set up ltd? Check
charged everyone for membership? Check
taken out massive loan in the company name? Check
spend the money on hookers and booze then let the company fold? TODO this weekend.
lower

Post by lower »

So will we ever find out who threatened what against the club which prompted this change?
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

lower wrote:So will we ever find out who threatened what against the club which prompted this change?

I think it was Michael Canny. When he isn't raping goats and attending neo-Nazi rallies or AA meetings, he likes to file suits.

*thanks God for Ltd companies*
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I am amazed you all missed the saga that prompted this. :shock:

It wasn't about liable, it was about a company threatening to sue due to being banned from the forum, because he found a 'hole' in the 'contract'. It's a sad fact but it was true that the admin folks were personally exposed and they had to take this step.

T
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

tonigmr2 wrote:I am amazed you all missed the saga that prompted this. :shock:

It wasn't about liable, it was about a company threatening to sue due to being banned from the forum, because he found a 'hole' in the 'contract'. It's a sad fact but it was true that the admin folks were personally exposed and they had to take this step.

T

Wow, grow some balls and tell them to beat it. You can't sue someone cos you got banned from a forum no more you can sue someone cos you got refused service in a shop. When I was threatened by Four Marks I established what they could/couldn't do, where I was right/wrong, did what I needed to do to comply with the law then told them to go jump.

Not that I'm saying forming a ltd company is a bad thing, it's a good thing and will serve a purpose in the long run. Seeing as the company was established some 6 months ago, you should at least be up front with any motives, or just give no motives at all :) After all, the ins and outs of how things are run doesn't really matter to most folk.
lower

Post by lower »

completely missed it.

Who was the company?

tonigmr2 wrote:I am amazed you all missed the saga that prompted this. :shock:

T

Return to “Club News and Announcements”