Cruise control on a MR2 MK!?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

whitemr2ladyagain

Cruise control on a MR2 MK!?

Post by whitemr2ladyagain »

I bought a set of books off e-bay, re the MR2 and reading through the handbook, it shows a cruise control on the indicator stalk. Anyone know about this, this is new to me and I am interested to know if it was the early models that had them, as mine, a 1989 certainly hasn't got one. Any information chaps? #-o
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: Cruise control on a MR2 MK!?

Post by Charged »

I had cruise control on my T bar Supercharger. I haven't ever seen it on a UK car, I'm not sure if it was a UK option, probably not. I seem to remember an IMOC member was trying to retro fit it to a UK car, I'll do a serach and see if anything comes up!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Tom G

Post by Tom G »

Not sure about adding cruise control, but that redundant wiring looks great for use for other mods (boot release, fan switch...)
whitemr2ladyagain

Post by whitemr2ladyagain »

My partner has cruise control on his Omega and Jaguar XJS and says it's great when your on the motorways, specially in the Jag. We tend to need to tow a petrol tanker behind that, is it is a 5.3 HSE! Oh the joys. Thanks for the interesting reading to my question, IMOCers are a good bunch!! :clap:
flippin'eck

Post by flippin'eck »

Never did manage to find an authentic right-hand drive cruise control stalk switch.. although the modified Starlet wiper lever worked fine, with the LED's and their resistors mounted remotely in the dash (used a spare blanking plate by the coin holder IIRC). That was the only real problem I came across.
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

I never realised that thread was going on Neil #-o just read through all that ! Top job that man :thumleft: :clap: i admire anyone who puts the effort in even though so many people had negatives about it, you must be proud as punch \:D/ :thumleft: , Jinxy

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”