[Mk2] [Turbo] Blitz access ecu

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mattymr2

[Mk2] [Turbo] Blitz access ecu

Post by mattymr2 »

hi,

ive got a rev 3 turbo and am interested in the blitz access ecu as they seem alot cheaper than the alternatives as they are pre-mapped.

anyone got any experience with these???

i was gonna fit a new air intake, decat exhaust system and intercoler at the same time.. :|
skipp123

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Blitz access ecu

Post by skipp123 »

might be worth going for a power fc or the link ecu mate :thumleft:
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

can you buy the link ecu ready mapped or am i gonna have to pay for a dyno/mapping sesh on top? :?
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

no they dont come mapped but ryan at 2bar tuning has a great rep has worked on my car and now the only person id alow to touch the ecu,
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

yeah, bit out of budget @ the moment, so ar'll probably just get the other parts for now....

ar'll probably get it with the display link controller from rogue(really close!) and mapped when im feeling a bit more flush :-k
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

mate a standalone is really one of the last mods imo

go full service
exhaust
downpipe
turbo
boost controller
filter
injectors {dependent of power goal}

then get it all mapped together
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

Matt the Blitz isn't a bad ECU mate only thing i dont think its mappable with in the UK!!!!!!!!!! I'm contemplating getting a Power Fc or a Link but for what these yeild wudn't be any different to the Blitz but once you get more mods and start being serious about power the whole not being able to be mapped is a restriction !!!!!!!!

Also if you are thinking of buying a Blitz be careful as the way it was mapped cud be completely different and cause damage to your engine!!!!!! :)
Harry

Post by Harry »

Really the link lies In the air fuel ratio If one has a set up to monitor this then you will be at an advantage to quantify the worth and efficiency of your hopeful refinement.One should not underestimate the OEM ECU which Is a clever device quite ahead of It times then.

As mentioned so long as the Blitz ECU Is still sealed and has not been custom mapped direct via Blitz Japan to a Japanese customers needs on 100 octane fuel then the principal of the Blitz ECU works well on the other hand If It has a custom map the chances are good It will damage the engine and only a mappers can confirm this or operate a wide band AFR set up to quantify just what Is occurring here? Hth. :)
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

im only going for about 300bhp

i can allways try the blitz ecu still sealed , along with all my other mods. if it aint an good i can always sell it again! :eye:

then get a better chip!

if im raising boost with a boost controller, dont i need a better intercooler?
ben_mr2

Post by ben_mr2 »

yes mate get a better intercooler and a grade cooler spark plugs. i fitted a blitz ecu just before xmas and i love it.got it rr couple of weeks ago. 275bhp at 1 bar. was runnin a little rich and was plannin to turn boost up to 1.2 bar. ive done that now and the difference is awesome. guna get it back on the rollers to check fueling again soon.
Harry

Post by Harry »

mattymr2 wrote:im only going for about 300bhpi can allways try the blitz ecu still sealed , along with all my other mods. if it aint an good i can always sell it again! :eye: then get a better chip!if im raising boost with a boost controller, dont i need a better intercooler?

What did the Blitz, ECU cost you?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Never had a problem with my old Blitz, not that I knew it was there until I changed to the PowerFC #-o , It gave me decent RR figures and good fuel economy.
The PowerFC improved on the performance side of things, and also gave me peace of mind that the car was mapped as is and not to some prior Japanese spec. Although fuel economy is 10-15% down :( , the increase in performance is worth it.
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

Harry wrote:
mattymr2 wrote:im only going for about 300bhpi can allways try the blitz ecu still sealed , along with all my other mods. if it aint an good i can always sell it again! :eye: then get a better chip!if im raising boost with a boost controller, dont i need a better intercooler?

What did the Blitz, ECU cost you?

:roll: sorry i meant When i get one ar'll make sure its sealed, i havnt got one yet, but iv been watcin them go for £200-£300 on ebay.
Harry

Post by Harry »

:thumleft:
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

Ben If you have a stock HG as well as a CT26 i'm willing to bet your car wont last long mate!!!!!!!! :)
ben_mr2

Post by ben_mr2 »

no it didnt mate. :whistle: i had metal head gasket and ct20b fitted last yr!!! \:D/
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

if they cost around the £300 mark why not buy a second hand power fc for around £500 save u upgrading again in the near future
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

yeah true but then i might as well get the link as theyve got loads more features.

whats the maximum boost you run on the stock ecu?
skipp123

Post by skipp123 »

i think harry was hitting about 1.2 without touching hes, due to the free flowing mods he has on hes car pm him and find out bud
Harry

Post by Harry »

Correct Ian, :wink:

As mentioned good boost,torque,power and so on Is the result of the support mods from cams,fueling,Ignition,down pipe exhaust,cooling and so on.My boost raised Itself from 1 BAR to 1.273 bAR when the Apexi N1 free flowing 3" exhaust was fitted.

No boost unit has ever been fitted.Back to One bar with the HKS exhaust but more mid range torque.Now at 1.34 1.36 BAR with the CT 20 B Rally Turbo which has a massive exhaust size and fully ported all round.

Technically speaking It Is maxing out the OEM ECU,but easily contained by fitting a boost control unit say to 1.2 bar stable and of course till then not drive past 1.1 BAR.Got an FC to be mappped at 1.3 BAR but will probably set the commander boost at a maximum of 1.1 or 1.2 BAR.

Main point as skip123,points out the rev 3 ECU is very good yes runs richer and uses more fuel but as Jonb was told at the mappers It means the engine will last forever.

skipp123 wrote:i think harry was hitting about 1.2 without touching hes, due to the free flowing mods he has on hes car pm him and find out bud

Return to “Modifications”