[Mk2] [Turbo] had a bad crash last night...no more mr2

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Azzazzel

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] had a bad crash last night...no more mr2

Post by Azzazzel »

isn't it about time someone just banned Aidy? for the sake of common decency?

Its one thing debating which car yada yada and even general trolling but rubbing salt in wounds with no good justification is something no decent person would ever do.

Even if its the truth he's put, using such liberal quantities to satisfy ones own propensity for schadenfreude is sheer narcissistic cruelty.

The guy is a xxxxxx asshole, let this site be rid of him.
hagghill

Post by hagghill »

i though id pop on as ive calmed down a bit today,

with regarding the diesel im purely goin on what the police said to me!

the police where 3 cars behind me, they were on the scene in 25secs and pretty much saw the whole thing, it was actually the traffic police who arrived 15 mins later that told me i had hit diesel on the corner whilst i was sat in the ambulance, then they sent the council road sweeper to the offending area to try and do somthing with the road immediatly.

i have since recieved a call from the police stating although i was driving the car the loss of control was caused by poor road conditions and no further action is to be taken as i was acting responsibly and within the accordance of the the law and speed limits etc they didnt even breathalise me on the night of the accident when they took my statement!

i was just unfortunate, ive had a 300bhp s14a 200sx a few months ago and ive had high powered cars for a few years now and use that road daily without anyproblems.

its been the worst 2 days of my life, i could have easily died, ive lost alot of money and im now feeling the after affects of the crash with back and shoulder pains :(

i cant belive people on my other forsale thread think that its a wind up i let the car go so cheaply but both me and my partner just wanted rid of it nomatter what, so that meant letting it go for £500 and that was that!

thanks for all the positive comments i do appreciate them :thumleft:
mr2readster

Post by mr2readster »

Personally I think this forum is a p1$$ take :evil: , someone just crashes there car and posts on here what happened for the sake of getting some support from people or to get some simpathy to ease the stress and all he got was some silly idiots taking the p1$$.
I know simon and am very very pi$$ed off with how some people have posted there comments.
To those who did not give a sh :evil: t and took the p1$$, what comes around goes around.
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

Aidy wrote:Guy buys a car, doesn't insure it against an accident, crashes it days later cos he can't drive then blames it on diesel? Funny how everyone that crashes an MR2 has hit diesel and I've never heard someone admit that they just f*cked up and crashed. If he just fronted up it would be different.

Anyway, he now knows the consequences of insuring a performance car TPFT, it's too bad it has cost him as dear to do it.

If you've not got anything constructive to say then I suggest not saying anything at all.

Im glad that you got chance to study and investigate the scene of the accident......... Oh wait, you wernt there, infact you have no idea of where it took place....... prey tell; how did you determine that there wasnt diesel present?

Atleast this guy had insurance, infact im probably sure that he had the same type of cover as a hell of a lot of people on here.

Cut it with the condescending attitude as it has no place here.
Sponge Bob

Post by Sponge Bob »

I've just remembered why I don't frequent these forums that ofen anymore...

Truly cannot believe the tone and content of some of the responses here - it's disgusting.

Hagghill - Glad you are ok, could easily have been worse bud...!!
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

Hagghill;

TBH, I reckon the reason a lot of people have made negative comments about the price you sold the car for is probably cos, in the back of their minds, they're thinking they might be able to buy the car but they're trying to give you a respectable time to get over the whole shock.

I bet if, in your original post, you'd said you'd let the car go to anybody who could give you £1,000 cash-in-hand by Thursday night you'd have had half a dozen people showing interest.

Obviously that wasn't your priority but I suspect that other peoples frustration is showing in their posts.

Did you sell the wreck to a 2 owner?
The worst thing would be if you've sold it to a dealer who is now going to strip it and make a couple of grand out of it.
At least if it's gone to an owner he'll make use of the bits on his own car rather than making money out of your misery. :(
L0rdMike

Post by L0rdMike »

JUIC'IN wrote:
Aidy wrote:Guy buys a car, doesn't insure it against an accident, crashes it days later cos he can't drive then blames it on diesel? Funny how everyone that crashes an MR2 has hit diesel and I've never heard someone admit that they just f*cked up and crashed. If he just fronted up it would be different.

Anyway, he now knows the consequences of insuring a performance car TPFT, it's too bad it has cost him as dear to do it.

If you've not got anything constructive to say then I suggest not saying anything at all.

Im glad that you got chance to study and investigate the scene of the accident......... Oh wait, you wernt there, infact you have no idea of where it took place....... prey tell; how did you determine that there wasnt diesel present?

Atleast this guy had insurance, infact im probably sure that he had the same type of cover as a hell of a lot of people on here.

Cut it with the condescending attitude as it has no place here.

How do you know what the op said is all true? Cars dont crash for no reason and most of the time its driver error oh I mean diesel, ice and ninja badgers
planted1

Post by planted1 »

Ere we go again #-o

He's allready said what the reason was,confirmed by the police who were close behind,
isnt that enough for you :?:
rev3kid

Post by rev3kid »

](*,) ](*,) why cant some people let this go haghill has so i think some of you should just my 2p :whistle:
Azzazzel

Post by Azzazzel »

L0rdMike wrote:How do you know what the op said is all true?

How do you know it ISN'T, are you psychic?

Must be a nice little paranoid world you live in.

Seconded for why I don't frequent here very much.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

A lot of us have been members of this club/forum for a long time, when someone crashes their car it's invariably ice and/or diesel to blame - like it or not, young blokes are loathed to admit fault when driving - so I'm sure you understand the scepticism - if he'd said "I c0cked up, was driving a little too fast/accelerated in the wrong place" he would get far more sympathetic replies.
Add to this a young guy (he paid £1300 TPF&T, we can assume he's pretty young) who had the car under a week then it all points to a c0ck up, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce the likely events surrounding a young guy in a recently acquired RWD 250+bhp car crashing into a tree on a cold February evening. The other posts indicate the lack of other crashed cars, if it really was diesel why was this the one and only crash in that spot at that time.
Do I think it's a shame he's lost his car? Yes. Do I care that some of you get annoyed easily? No.
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

L0rdMike wrote:How do you know what the op said is all true? Cars dont crash for no reason and most of the time its driver error oh I mean diesel, ice and ninja badgers

Thats why they are called accidents. :roll:
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

Goto10 wrote:A lot of us have been members of this club/forum for a long time, when someone crashes their car it's invariably ice and/or diesel to blame - like it or not, young blokes are loathed to admit fault when driving - so I'm sure you understand the scepticism - if he'd said "I c0cked up, was driving a little too fast/accelerated in the wrong place" he would get far more sympathetic replies.
Add to this a young guy (he paid £1300 TPF&T, we can assume he's pretty young) who had the car under a week then it all points to a c0ck up, you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce the likely events surrounding a young guy in a recently acquired RWD 250+bhp car crashing into a tree on a cold February evening. The other posts indicate the lack of other crashed cars, if it really was diesel why was this the one and only crash in that spot at that time.
Do I think it's a shame he's lost his car? Yes. Do I care that some of you get annoyed easily? No.

Do we care what you think? Not particulaly.
michael

Post by michael »

Goto10 wrote:A lot of us have been members of this club/forum for a long time, when someone crashes their car it's invariably ice and/or diesel to blame - like it or not, young blokes are loathed to admit fault when driving - so I'm sure you understand the scepticism - if he'd said "I c0cked up, was driving a little too fast/accelerated in the wrong place" he would get far more sympathetic replies.

What he said, sorry to upset the Care Bears though. :clap:
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

michael wrote:

What he said, sorry to upset the Care Bears though. :clap:

Not like you to be a sheep mike? Whats up you getting sloppy in your old age?
michael

Post by michael »

JUIC'IN wrote:
Not like you to be a sheep mike? Whats up you getting sloppy in your old age?

Hardly a sheep, I'd be moaning about people being honest if that was the case ;)

Just easier to let someone else type out the big reply and agree with it later :oldtongue:
planted1

Post by planted1 »

Care bears,ffs :roll:
michael

Post by michael »

planted1 wrote:Care bears,ffs :roll:

:clap:
Harry

Post by Harry »

michael wrote:
planted1 wrote:Care bears,ffs :roll:
:clap:

A dedication for the non care bears... :lol: . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMBs8qmz ... re=related ..
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

planted1 wrote:Aidy,
Why is it that its allways a conspiracy with mr2 owners not to tell it how it is.......in your eyes?

Feelings of inadequacy. They feel inadequate that they can only afford £3k for a car so they convince themselves it is the best car in the world. Any car that comes close falls by the wayside as "bet he felt silly in his £70k car that mine kept up"

These same feelings of inadequacy lead to the utter denial that the fault of the crash is anything but their own. In all the years I had my MR2 I spun it once on the road and a few times on track (not many though). The time I spun it on the road I was pushing it and exceeded my talent by some considerable margin. Times on track were usually gentle lift-offs on very fast bends, a situation almost impossible to escape from. My fault there was having too much speed going into the bend so needing to lift off. It's shocking how little lift off you need to spin an MR2 at high speed.

Never once have I spun the car not knowing it was 100% my fault. A voice never heard on this forum, it's like a collective conspiracy of denial. Made even more ironic when you consider the threads claiming these cars are evo killers.

planted1 wrote:Dont you think the fella feels bad enough without you crowing over his misfortune.

I certainly don't want to appear to be "crowing" and I'm definitely not. If the guy had come on and just said "I overcooked it and put my foot down when I shouldn't, my inexperience caught me out" then it'd have been a different thread.

Next time get an evo, then you can blame the AYC rather than diesel ;)

I'd also like to thank my brothers on imoc-chat (sadly, 98% of the people reading this have no idea what I'm talking about) for their solidarity. Big up the chat massive stiles.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”