[Mk2] [NA] My REV 5 Beams...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

J-1

[Mk2] [NA] My REV 5 Beams...

Post by J-1 »

Well, went out last night for something to eat, heading to Stirling on the motorway and passed the gritter!!! Been damp/wet/rainy and getting hit by the gritter was the last thing i wanted!!!

What a mess... So i had to clean it all today. Washed and hoovered the car. Planned to polish it but it was getting too damp... So, cleaned up the engine bay and added new stickers!

What you think??

While hoovering the seats, i suddenly realised that since i bought the car in October, i have never actually sat on them without having my Snap-on seat covers on. :roflmao:

Check the reflection under the bonnet!!! :th:
fozzy rev3

tidy..

Post by fozzy rev3 »

Thats a really nice tidy 2 you have there J..

..your bay looks real tidy - very nice example..

not to state the obvious..BUT..you might want to reconsider the stickers in and on the engine.. plastic melts mate 8-[
J-1

Re: tidy..

Post by J-1 »

fozzy rev3 wrote:Thats a really nice tidy 2 you have there J..

..your bay looks real tidy - very nice example..

not to state the obvious..BUT..you might want to reconsider the stickers in and on the engine.. plastic melts mate 8-[

Thanks mate. Yeah, the engine is looking alright as it stands the now. Still to get all the hoses properly cleaned, the heatshields powdercoated and a general tidying up.

Yeah, i know where you're coming from with the heat comment but i had the same stickers on my Rev 2 for about 1 year and there was no changed to it. :)
fearless

Re: [Mk2] [NA] My REV 5 Beams...

Post by fearless »

sorry couldnt look at stickers much to overwhelmed with your engine very very nice, a pukker beams lump very jealous indeed very nice car :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
JOHNM400

Post by JOHNM400 »

i want.....
J-1

Post by J-1 »

JOHNM400 wrote:i want.....

You can have.. If the price is right! :lol:
RST

Post by RST »

Looking good Jay. What stickers are they talking about on the engine -the only one's I can see are the 3 OEM Toyota ones for the top of the engine?

...where did you get your white / grey BEAMS stickers from though -been trying to source them for a while with little success so far.

Cheers,

Richard

PS: I can let you have a front license plate holder if you like as I don't need mine now. I think it looks much neater than just bolting the plate on.
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

are they the standard toyota covered seats as i noticed they have red stitching, was it something toyota did in rev5s?

very nive :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

and what would be the price for a beams engine must cost a fortune :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
J-1

Post by J-1 »

RST wrote:Looking good Jay. What stickers are they talking about on the engine -the only one's I can see are the 3 OEM Toyota ones for the top of the engine?

...where did you get your white / grey BEAMS stickers from though -been trying to source them for a while with little success so far.

Cheers,

Richard

PS: I can let you have a front license plate holder if you like as I don't need mine now. I think it looks much neater than just bolting the plate on.

I got my mate to make them up for me. £10 for 4, not bad! PM me if you want them.

Nah, i prefer it without the plate holder!
J-1

Post by J-1 »

afennell wrote:are they the standard toyota covered seats as i noticed they have red stitching, was it something toyota did in rev5s?

very nive :thumleft:

Yeah. They're standard Toyota seats with red stitching! They're in great condition! :mrgreen:
J-1

Post by J-1 »

nofearmadbiker wrote:and what would be the price for a beams engine must cost a fortune :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Hmmm.... Who knows!! :wink:
RST

Post by RST »

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”