MR2 championship

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tomiam

Re: MR2 championship

Post by Tomiam »

Wooo.. legal threats being thrown about needlessly! Wicked. \:D/ Lemme think of something to say so I dont feel like I missed out.. ummm...
Ok try this one on for size:

I am running the brand new "NipponMR2ChampionshipChallenge" and Anna, who is my mum, will be helping me. Patrick, who is my dad, will be providing all the race spec MR2 Mk1's and Mk2's FREE OF CHARGE to anyone who holds a Blue Peter badge (and not one of those fake ones either).
The 750 motor club will be arranging for people sit in the passenger seat and hold an umbrella over each MK1 roof as it races as they will not be allowed to race with T-bar glass in and Stuart/racing23mr2 will be providing me with spell checks on all my offical press releases.

There, I think Ive managed to cover it. Bring it on lawyer types! :D
System-G

Post by System-G »

Tomiam wrote:Wooo.. Wicked. \:D/

I hope you didn't say that with a straight face :shock:

:lol:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Tomiam wrote:
I am running the brand new "NipponMR2ChampionshipChallenge" and Anna, who is my mum, will be helping me. Patrick, who is my dad, will be providing all the race spec MR2 Mk1's and Mk2's FREE OF CHARGE to anyone who holds a Blue Peter badge (and not one of those fake ones either).
The 750 motor club will be arranging for people sit in the passenger seat and hold an umbrella over each MK1 roof as it races as they will not be allowed to race with T-bar glass in and Stuart/racing23mr2 will be providing me with spell checks on all my offical press releases.

There, I think Ive managed to cover it. Bring it on lawyer types! :D

PMSL!

A nice injection of humour to the thread - very amusing!

:clap:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Damn, I never got a Blue Peter badge. Couldn't be bothered making carboard poo. :lol:

T
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

tonigmr2 wrote:Damn, I never got a Blue Peter badge. Couldn't be bothered making carboard poo. :lol:

T

You can buy them on ebay :thumleft:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Well what's done is done (unfortunately :( ) and there's no going back.

Let's just hope for some great racing in both series :thumleft:
WillJohnson

Post by WillJohnson »

Icsunonove wrote:

Ohhhh yes! (best Churchill impression)

I have unfinished business with Sarah (assuming her Mk2 comes out to play in the Nippon Challenge) and I'm looking forward to mixing it with the established Mk2 drivers in the 750MC Championship. And then there's the PowerNights - we are in for some great racing, Tom - I just hope I can step up to the sharp end of it!

Cheers JOHN
Mk2 Car #7 and #17 depending on race series!
racing23mr2

Post by racing23mr2 »

WillJohnson wrote:
Icsunonove wrote:

Ohhhh yes! (best Churchill impression)

I have unfinished business with Sarah (assuming her Mk2 comes out to play in the Nippon Challenge) and I'm looking forward to mixing it with the established Mk2 drivers in the 750MC Championship. And then there's the PowerNights - we are in for some great racing, Tom - I just hope I can step up to the sharp end of it!

Cheers JOHN
Mk2 Car #7 and #17 depending on race series!

oooooohhhhh yes SIR, unfinished stuff indead :lol: see you SOON....
----------------------------------
www.sarahwherryracing.com
WillJohnson

Now I know I hit you first but...

Post by WillJohnson »

you did get me back at Mallory - OK probably just a gentle nudge compared to my accidental drop-kick of you at Cadwell!

Car gets sprayed this week hopefully - I'll try not to share too much with you! :wink:

Cheers JOHN Car #17 to you
kpm

MR2 MK1 Racing

Post by kpm »

Just in case there is any confusion, The Red Dragon Racing Club (S.Vince) run Series For MK1 MR2's is NOT running in the Nippon Races, The MK1's have their own race series with just MK1 MR2's racing MK1 MR2's This series also has TV coverage at some rounds, The cars eligilibility will be checked by MSA officials and NOT MR2 members who also race
If you have a MK1 why sit near the back of the grid when you can get a real measure of your ability in a grid of the same type of car!

KP

Ps I have also heard that the MK2's might not ???............................... But that is just a rumour :lol:
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Thanks for clearing that up Kev. Of course, this thread's been dead for nearly three weeks which might give you an idea about how confused people actually were... :roll:

Good luck for the 2008 season. How are the numbers looking for the Mk1 Racing series?

Patrick
kpm

Hi

Post by kpm »

Hi Patrick

Numbers are good for the Mk1 series, It looks like The 750mc and the Red Dragon Series will have some good racing with plenty of Drivers in each.

See you on the 28th Feb should be a good day

KP
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Got me ARDS yesterday :thumleft:

Will be at the test day on the 28th...looking forward to the Championship starting now! Had the MK1 out at Cadwell and it handled lovely...mind you don't know how you lot raced on the crappiest tyres I've ever had on a MK1 (Falkens, melted!!) Be interesting on the R888s! :)
T
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

tonigmr2 wrote:Got me ARDS yesterday :thumleft:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
System-G

Post by System-G »

As said on the other place - really chuffed for you :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”