Replacement front bushes for MK1 b

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cartledge_uk

Re: Replacement front bushes for MK1 b

Post by cartledge_uk »

rootes wrote:
cartledge_uk wrote:
rootes wrote:are these prothane bushes really rubbish?

what goes wrong with them?

It seems there is mixed opinion.

I had mine on a road legal race car and thrashed the living daylights out of the car (for 5-7k miles a year), and mine are still fine 2 years on and am transfering them to my new car.

Jinxy's failed for some reason

did they split?

the dollar / pound rate is making them look attractive..

Jinxys failed Badly from what I remember, really cracked and split and fell apart. Maybe they were a bad batch, he did do more miles than me a year so his could be the extended test period (IE mine will fail in a few years etc).

I hold my hands up to the superiority of the TRD bushes though, if you have the money, buy them
:thumleft:
flippin'eck

Post by flippin'eck »

I think I've got those cheap bushes on too; they've not given a problem, but I don't do many miles either..

Along with everything else I buttered them liberally with copperslip in a mad half hour 8-[ so I guess that will make for a bit of a test as time goes by :oops:
rootes

Post by rootes »

cartledge_uk wrote:

I hold my hands up to the superiority of the TRD bushes though, if you have the money, buy them
:thumleft:

how much are they?
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

flippin'eck wrote:Along with everything else I buttered them liberally with copperslip in a mad half hour 8-[ so I guess that will make for a bit of a test as time goes by :oops:

You just fell in love with that stuff, didn't you? :lol:

OOOoooooo... soo shineeyyyy.... ;)

rootes wrote:how much are they?

I ordered a batch of 4, and if I remember correctly, it came out at around £150 per set (it's best to share the order with other people if possible as it's 40 Euros for delivery regardless of how many sets you get...).
http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_bush-aw11.html

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”