[Mk2] [Turbo] car covers

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

welshboyo

[Mk2] [Turbo] car covers

Post by welshboyo »

As i'm sure most of you would agree, a proper car cover is a must in keeping your pride and joy in best condition. I had one with my previous MR2, which was custom made with pull ties and breathable vents and it was great, but stuipidly i gave it away with the car when i sold it. I have been looking into getting one made for my new MR2, so i have been down to see my upholsterer to see what she can do. She is working on getting some measurements done and is going to look for suitable material.
Once the template is all done, and i've got a price, would anyone out there be interested in one? i will be able to take pictures once mine is done and will post on the website.
Andy-Runner

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] car covers

Post by Andy-Runner »

Quite possibly interested mate - keep me posted!

Thanks btw! :thumleft: :thumleft:

Andy
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Yeah, I may well be as well, dependant on price.

Would be handy atm with all this heavy rain, got in the car this morning for work, and sat in a wet seat.. nice! :(
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Could well be interested in 2 actually! Can you get them with slack so that they'd fit a TRD kit?

Will they be outdoor ones, yeah?

I'm not on here much, so could you PM me? Cheers :thumleft:
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

i just recently got a quote for some custom covers...

heres what they said....

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your email enquiry. We are pleased to recommend the following Cover-Zone products for your requirement. Cover-Zone manufacture high quality fitted covers for a wide range of vehicles and in several different materials. We can offer you special internet purchase prices & delivery directly to your door by 24/48 hour carrier!

As requested we now quote for their Monsoon Outdoor cover together with their new Stormforce Cover for your Toyota MR2 and advise the full specifications are as follows:

Stormforce: These are our premium quality 4 layer covers that can be used for outdoor use in any climates & weather or in the garage as a soft lined dust cover!

The outer layers are very strong & offer some cushioning against knocks & scrapes. The third layer is a special membrane that is breathable but prevents water from penetrating the cover and the cover is soft lined for maximum care of paint and body fittings. Exclusive UK designs for your particular model ensure that the cover fits snugly and elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system is included for ease of fitment.

Welded seams are used wherever possible to maintain a watertight finish & double stitched seams are used for strength & long life. Stormforce covers have been designed for cars that remain outdoors year round and will provide maximum protection against rain, ice, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, pets, dirt, dust, hot sunshine, scuffs & scratches. The fabric is also 100% UV resistant. They are suitable for continual use in all weather conditions. In summer they keep interiors cool and protect against top & interior fade and degeneration

Price: £129.50 Incl Vat

Monsoon: These are sturdy covers that have been specially designed for outdoor, winter protection. The outer layer is robust yet pliable PVC and the cover is soft lined for maximum care of paint and body fittings. Monsoon covers fit snugly with elasticated hems and a unique detachable strap system for ease of fitment. Roof vents allow dispersal of any condensation or build up of damp.

These robust covers have been designed for cars that remain outdoors through winter & rainy seasons and will provide full protection against rain, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, dirt, dust, scuffs & scratches. Double stitching and heat sealed seams ensure long life & that the weather remains on the outside of the cover!

'Monsoon' covers offer maximum protection, yet at a sensible price. They are suitable for continual use in all winter weather conditions including very low temperatures where the fabric still remains pliable.

£109.95 Incl Vat

Your Toyota MR2 cover includes fitted door mirror pockets, a special detachable underbody strap system and a strong zipped storage bag all included in the price!

We can despatch your new cover directly from stock by 48 hour carrier & UK carriage is just £8.95.

We accept Visa, Mastercard & Switch cards or UK personal cheques.

We hope to hear from you
Last edited by paul_4xxxx on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

i was just about to buy one of these of ebay but if we can get a better group buy price i'm in
Rev2_mike

Post by Rev2_mike »

Looks pretty good to me - keep me posted, in principal if you can get a good price on a GB i'd be very interested
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

i do have one question about these though - can you find out if they have a clear section for displaying the tax disc?
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

i will e-mail them asking about the clear section and about group buy... who is interested all together???

put your names in a list here:-

1. welsh_mr2_kroozer
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

1. welsh_mr2_kroozer
2. Quigonjay
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

alright guys thanks for the interest will post prices soon and some pics see what you think :thumleft:
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

sorry for hijacking your thread mate... lol... we will see who can get the best prices ye???
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

no worries mate just want to get good price for everyone on here if you can get good deal going no worries will let you know :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”