[Mk2] [NA] EXtreme Murcielago

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

placebo786

Re: [Mk2] [NA] EXtreme Murcielago

Post by placebo786 »

Sorry apologies about the typing
mark_a_thorpe

Post by mark_a_thorpe »

Hmmm.....nope......it's a 355! I'm 99.99999% sure of it! The line of the windscreen is miles off of being an mr2 OR a fiero. Where did you get the pics from?
nick200

Post by nick200 »

its a very good replica, but its not a 355. Check the black triangular panel between the door glass and the rear quarter glass.

The other point is the butress surround on the rear window is curved where a 355 one is more square.

BUT ! dont get me wrong i think it is VERY VERY good with a correct 355 dimension wheelbase and this one will fool most .
placebo786

Post by placebo786 »

Thank you nick200 it is actually a replica but the best on I have ever.
The kit is by a company called air dynamics in america.
The pics were sent to me by someone on another forum who has keen interest in kit cars.
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

placebo786 wrote:
Yeah but some cars are so rare and expensive that a kit is the only option.

Noooo.... the option is you buy a car that you can afford!!!

I want a Koenigsegg, but I can't afford one, so I can't have one! The maths is simple!

Personally, If you've got 30k to p1$$ away, I'd spend £15/£20k on a decent car, then spend the change making it look and perform how I like it.. makes more sense to me.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Lou-Lou wrote:
placebo786 wrote:
Yeah but some cars are so rare and expensive that a kit is the only option.

Noooo.... the option is you buy a car that you can afford!!!

I want a Koenigsegg, but I can't afford one, so I can't have one! The maths is simple!

Personally, If you've got 30k to p1$$ away, I'd spend £15/£20k on a decent car, then spend the change making it look and perform how I like it.. makes more sense to me.

Have to disagree there,you couldn't be more wrong,Most replica's of classic cars are far superior in chassis design to the originals that they would easily out handle them.

Your comment is abit like designer labeling.If i buy something,i don;t give 2 hoots what the name/badge is as long as i like it.

And thats all that should matter.Too much enthasis on named stuff clothes/shoes/cars etc nowadays #-o ](*,) #-o .
Once my mate showed up wearing the same clothes shoes etc as me but commented that he had paid £400 for his,were i had paid about £100(no labells attached ).He found it funny and was bragging that his stuff was named.I found it funny that he had paid £400 compared to my £100 and called him a stupid muppet,which wiped the smug look of his face.
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

I'm not saying that.. I'm not saying don't make your car look 'like' a Ferrari, Lambo or whatever, I'm just saying I personally wouldn't want to drive posing about in a fake Ferrari, lol, but each to their own, if the guy wants a replica Lambo, by all means do it, I just personally wouldn't.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

I appreciate that and each to there own.But alot of people who do this are not doing it bcuz they want people to think they have a reeal ferrari etc.They do it bcuz they have probably loved the car for its style/shape but due to its cost ,the only way they could get one is via a replica/fake.
Admittedly there are those who are only out to impress people by claiming the have a real/fake one.

But if you go to kitcar shows and talk to the people on club stands you would be hard pushed to find siad person.
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

If you just love the style shape, I don't see why not go for the same style of kit .. 355 / Lambo influenced..

Can't stand where all the interior has been retrimmed and ferrari badged etc..

But yeah, it comes down to the age old thing that usually seems to happen at the end of every discussion like this.. if you like it do it, if not, shut up and leave your car the way it is :lol:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Actually after seeing a Ferrari 360 replica out of an MR2 Roadster I can really see the appeal - yes it is costing him ~£20K to do, but a real one is easily £60K plus. Depends whether you want the head turning or not!!

But I do think £30K on a replica is a LOT of dosh, don't get me wrong I'm not adverse to spending stupid money on MR2s :o :wink: but I'd have to think real hard about that one - simply because you can get some damn good cars for that money if you've got it straight off the bat....(most of my spending is cumulative over many years, LOL).

T
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Yeh totally agree with above comments.I personaly wouldn't be bothered what others think.I would just do it.But at £30k there@s no way i would do that.

I would probably go for a Ultima GTR as i believe you can build a decent(basic) one for that kind of money.Or a a rep cobra,gt40 etc.I would not spend 30k on basically a shell and a few bits of tubing attached to the mr2.
nick200

Post by nick200 »

Another point, if someone had built the car themselves i would have hugh respect for the amount of work that kit cars take to build whatever the model.

If it has been bought as ready built just to drive under the impression its a real one, then its not quite so impressive but regardless it is the individuals choice, so its not wrong for them.

As lou-lou pointed out, its what works for you !

ps The mate with a £400 outfit, does he have to get insurance to go out on a Saturday night ? :lol:
placebo786

Post by placebo786 »

As seems to happen with most discussions on replicas people get caught/hung up on the fake posers etc etc.
I originally posted to see what real Mr2 enthusiasts think of an MR2 clothed up as something else. I was trying to get an idea would it be worth for that kind of money.
If you look at some of my earlier posts I have also stated that I could get some really good cars for that kind of money. I have always fancied a 964 turbo and I could get a really good example and might even have some change left over.
I take it the general consensus is don't bother and I probably won't now.
I have to state that the vehicle was also going to be used as a promotional tool for business so thats why that figure didn't seem to bad but thanks for the input guys I really appreciate it.
By the way is a guy who sticks rev 3 (technically a rev 2) lights into a rev 1/2 model trying to pass his car as being newer or is he simply enhancing it to his personal preference no only joking lets bring this topic to close.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I'm not criticising your choice mate - indeed if you are planning on it being a promotional car I'd recommend you DO do it - that's a different kettle of fish altogether. :wink:

T
Khadim

Post by Khadim »

placebo786 wrote:Hi guys I know most you pick out things on the extreme 355 replica based on the mr2 but what dou you think of this must be as clost to the real thing as possible or can 355 replica builder do better.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/ ... s/qasw.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/ ... dex1-1.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/ ... dex3-1.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/ ... dex5-1.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p21/ ... dex2-1.jpg

Let me know how you feel about this one.
Cheers.

To me the dimensions look way off, the width is too small and curves don't look right. I think the most accurate replica by far is the extreme kit I think they have modified it along the way. You might want to check this site out that compares a few kits up close.
http://355kits.com/index.php

I was against ferrari replicas because of the crappy replica's that I saw and the fact that it's a fake posing as the real thing, but I have changed my mind for the following reasons

1. You get toyota reliability
2. It's cheap to insure about £300 on kit car insurance
3. It's more economical
4. Cheaper to maintain
5. You could do it simply because you like the looks of a ferrari but can't afford one, I don't want everyone to think I'm driving a ferrari but a car that LOOKS like a ferrari. It gets attention

A local guy has got one a 360 and it looks, people know it's a fake but they like it and it draws attention.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Its a waste of money, think of the cars you can get for 30,000... Plus the interior dials etc will be nothing like the real thing, just the standard toyta ones probably ;)

Return to “Modifications”