Very nice Mk1 on Ebay

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Aitch

Re: Very nice Mk1 on Ebay

Post by Aitch »

Ollie @ Skyinsurance wrote:
Aitch wrote:That hurt my eyes - it's a big fat mess :evil:

It may belong to a fellow club member who has put a lot of effort/money into getting it modified, please bare this in mind.

In which case I hope they make themselves known. Then I can know to avoid them :)
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:
Jim-SR wrote:
best to spend the money on restoring the rusted and worn parts first. then suspension. THEN engine, then styling if youre into that kind of thing.

Well I supose people will have their different ways. Personally I would buy one with no rust / problems in the first place so I dont have to worry about that.

in an ideal world youd buy a mint example first. i bought a fairly immaculate car myself. but there is always something thats been missed, its a 20 year old car, and even the most immaculate examples will develop a problem or 2, even as soon as a couple of months after being properly restored if they are driven "properly" and used on a daily basis on english roads. mine has some rust developing in the usual problem areas that needs welding up sooner rather than later

but as for my definition of "restoration", aside from rust, suspension bushes wear out for example, engine mounts, gearboxes get sloppy and develop play, steering bushes and joints wear, etc, etc. these are all things that ideally need sorting before the car can ever feel good, no matter how much money is spent on suspension and engine upgrades. its best to get the car to a state where it is a good base platform before spending lots of cash on upgrades that are only ever as good as the weakest link in the system
placebo786

Post by placebo786 »

A similar one in white with exact same bodykit and wheels with no mot and tax sold for £500 about 18 months ago it was in leicester. If I'm not wrong I think its the same car they only difference is the paint job, interior and he has added the rear spoiler. I almost bought it back then but because I couldn't get down to view the car I was worried it was a rust bucket underneath so I left it.
Its more of display thing than an actual enjoying drive which is the whole point of buying an MR2 isn't it.

Rather have an original lowered with nice wheels on.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”