Dyno Graph Guru's please

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cantfindausername

Re: Dyno Graph Guru's please

Post by cantfindausername »

Yeah that is on a stock rev2 setup. but fully built internals and custom cams, not dialled in. Stock boost stock everything on that side of things.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Cool, just going through the BGB finding where all the sensors are etc, hopefully it'll have instructions to test...
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

thinking about it a bit more, it could be something like the coolant sensor making the car throw in more fuel than is needed.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
L0rdMike

Post by L0rdMike »

Greddy-Matt wrote:Yeah the first one looks a little sketchy but the second one is pretty smooth.

Ant is your graph using the standard ecu? I might get the timing checked again anyway, I know I need the tensioner adjusting because it squeals like a pig in the wet so it might have slipped?

That has to be the altenator belt. If your timing belt was slipping you would know about it.
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

230 miles isn't that bad, I struggle with 200 atm around town #-o What driving is that mate - town/motorway/mixed...?

The squeek is your aux/alternator belt yeh. Best off just getting a new belt than stressing/wearing the bearings creating more problems IMO. A squeeky belt will raise its head again in a couple of months if you just keep stretching it more each time.
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Ah well the belts arent too expensive so could do that, were only supposed to have been changed a while ago :?

When I first got it the car was doing 300miles to a tank easy!
Most of my driving is weekend stuff so motorway and fast B roads I guess, managed to use nearly 1/4 of a tank the other day in 20 minutes B road driving!!

*edit* although i realise that it was running like a dog and running lean too when i bought it..
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Greddy-Matt wrote:Ah well the belts arent too expensive so could do that, were only supposed to have been changed a while ago :?

Well maybe the bearings need looking at then if the alt belt was definately changed recently :-k

Btw, if you didn't know the O2 sensor will be at the top of your downpipe - secured with 2 bolts. There is a check you can do to check voltage, try the KB or search, will check my BGB for you...
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Cheers :thumleft: Yeah I found it this morning in th pi$$ing rain :lol:
Im guessing that the O2 sensor could have been damaged when the car was running badly, 20degs of ignition advance and cam timing all shot to hell prob wont have done it any favours...

Ill see how much it'll cost to get the bearings changed at the same time, makes sense to do both together
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

I guess if the belt's fairly new it might have stretched a wee bit - if it also wasn't tensioned properly there might be enough slack now to cause the noise... might be worth tightening it once, and if the noise comes back then replace bearing(s)?

I could be talking xxxx.
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Lol u not having a good day mate? Well Ill get it looked at first I guess, I got some wiring caught in it a while back and chewed it up good and proper so might have damaged it..

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”