Reverse Lights not working

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dave Couzens

Reverse Lights not working

Post by Dave Couzens »

Ok people,

My reverse lights aren't working - fuse is fine, bulbs are fine. So that's me stumped. :oops:

I would have though that the wiring was ok as it goes into the main loom (does it not?) and all the other lights are ok.

I'm an electrical (and mainly mechanical :D ) novice so any advice on how the lights actually engage in the first place woudl be good. Or at least another place where I have missed that may be obvious,

Thanks

Dave
Dave Coles

Re: Reverse Lights not working

Post by Dave Coles »

Hi,

I'm a bit of a novice my self, my reverse lights have never worked.

I'm reliably informed that the switch that activates the lights is connected to the gear box. What you do next is anyones guess!!!
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

Hmmmm, well i refuse to believe that no one knows on here! :?:
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I had the same thing on my car just after I bought it. Mentioned it to the mechanic when I took it in for a service and he fixed it by replacing the switch in the gearbox.

I'm pretty sure that's your problem, and I suspect if you can get a new reverse light switch from Toyota then you could replace it yourself - it plugs in somewhere on the top side of the gearbox I think.
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

Cheers Chris, i'll check it out with Toyota and see what they say, or at least have a look myself, :)
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

I have had that problem for ages now over a year. Ive had the gear box switch replaced but still not working on my rev3.

Most garages are now assuming its a connector else where, cuz there is no power in the wires going to the reverse switch! #-o
milan

Post by milan »

Has anyone got a pic of exactly where the reverse light switch is and what it looks like? Because i've had a look and am not sure which part it is on the gearbox.

Return to “Electrical”